Farmers Shooting Dogs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

In my opinion I don't think many people have had a rifle stuck at them or their dogs

It's a big big call swinging an arm at something for something as frivolous as being in a field with a dog

Who has genuinely had a gun swung at them?

Or is it just always mates?

i have ,it was many years ago late 70,s we were traveling around europe .was in a place called bolzano northern italy . anyway we were fkn hungry walking down this road and down a steep bank we saw some chickens in a pen must have been a small holding .right fk it heres dinner ,mid afternoon we thought just wait untill the light fades abit and we will have a couple , anyway maybe an hour past and er or the old bill ! i said to john lay down they wont see us so we did then john said these c.ts have got guns .. yeah right , next thing ive got a pistol pointed at me ,now then iti cops are abit flighty believe me my arms went right above my head quick time i didnt want shooting they carted us off to the local nick and let us go about an hour or so later and it was a move on now and dont let us see you again . you dont fk with folk that are pointing guns at you unless your an idiot or a ghurka :laugh:

• Like 1

Not got any perm never have had any. Shoot my dog then expect somthing back in return.

spot on , if they like killing things= your dog, show him the farmer , you can do the same , kill his sheep , and pile them up in heap . he get the message very quick , with 10-15 sheep in a pile . he think twice about being trigger happy again . :yes: ive always said it, hit the farmer hard in the pocket , his stock just money to him there not pets etc , its the only way to get back at them. I deff would :yes: all my dogs are stock trained from 9 weeks old, and I still keep on top of it now even with dogs 4 and 9 years old . so if any trigger happy twat shot my dogs for being on there ground , and the dogs are under my control and no danger to his stock, i would deff do the above 100%, he be out of pocket all that year . :yes:

It depends on the circumstances at the time,if your dogs killed/worrying his livestock he's not going to put up with that but if it's just walking over fields then no he shouldn't shoot dogs. Some Farmers/Keepers do take it personally somebody poaching the land but would rather deal with it in a different way than shooting dogs.

Edited by MickC

Not got any perm never have had any. Shoot my dog then expect somthing back in return.

spot on , if they like killing things= your dog, show him the farmer , you can do the same , kill his sheep , and pile them up in heap . he get the message very quick , with 10-15 sheep in a pile . he think twice about being trigger happy again . :yes: ive always said it, hit the farmer hard in the pocket , his stock just money to him there not pets etc , its the only way to get back at them. I deff would :yes: all my dogs are stock trained from 9 weeks old, and I still keep on top of it now even with dogs 4 and 9 years old . so if any trigger happy twat shot my dogs for being on there ground , and the dogs are under my control and no danger to his stock, i would deff do the above 100%, he be out of pocket all that year . :yes:
. I am in the same thinking has you ray but have literally witnessed it. I think these days it's far easier plugging the shooter simples.atb bunnys.

i thought you were better than that bird.the farmer will tell all his mates what you've done and it will make it hotter foe everybody else.he's bound to call the police and then everybody will feel the heat.

In my opinion I don't think many people have had a rifle stuck at them or their dogs

It's a big big call swinging an arm at something for something as frivolous as being in a field with a dog

Who has genuinely had a gun swung at them?

Or is it just always mates?

I once had a shotgun pressed into my ribs,have had a tractor driver trying to plough the mutts into the ground,seen dogs shot running back to the owner,had more than a few dust-ups with irate landowners and keepers and the most annoying was a fat farmers wife kicking the mutt and punching me in the nose.It was once par for the course,especially North Yorkshire.

• Like 2

Priceless.

dont believe you your talking shite lay off the shandy pal ;)

As you can see from the posts above Morton, sometimes it's nothing to do with stock. Just angry land owners.

The vast majority of land owners ive encountered,whilst in the company of lurchers,were usually the angry sort,fact.Landowners have an habit of tarring us all the same and its taken me the majority of my hunting life to educate a few of them to the fact that the majority of lurcher owners despise the feckwits,with lurchers,as much as the farmers do,nearly.Its always 1 step forward and 3 back because of the actions of the mindless minority and no matter how hard some of us attempt to redress the balance there is always another feckwit to encourage the discrimination a few of us work against.Ive earnt my respect through respect and the dogs at heel.I can live with the angry shepherds and understand their outlook,i cannot live with the feckwits and will never understand why they own or want a lurcher.
The feckwits I've met over the years did'nt so much want a lurcher or have any interest in the countryside or anything they caught, boredom was the motivator, and killing things was just another aspect to their already destructive existences
  • Like 6

Its funny lads talk about killing the farmers stock and retribution and the same lads will be on the other threads with attack dogs and other various things to deal with people who trespass on there property. The farmer has as much right to do the same as what these lads would do if someone were on their property at night. Trouble is the farmer out of frustration will shoot 1 good lads dogs on sight because there has been 9 other toe rags on his property before with a dog on a lead as an excuse to look into his shed and yard to steal tools and diesel. Would these same lads after having their house or shed robbed before a few times stop and kindly ask the man in your back garden at 3am was he looking for a lost football or would they release the mastiff and start firing shots in the air.

• Like 5