Farmers Shooting Dogs.

So it seems that having a gun pointed towards you or even being shot is acceptable.for walking land with a dog.bollocks.ffs I'm not robbing a bank.

If some farmer or keeper pointed a gun at me and threatened to shoot me i wouldnt take it lightly.i can promise you that.

I ain't being threatened by no gun feck that nonsence.

• Like 2

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

So it seems that having a gun pointed towards you or even being shot is acceptable.for walking land with a dog.bollocks.ffs I'm not robbing a bank.

If some farmer or keeper pointed a gun at me and threatened to shoot me i wouldnt take it lightly.i can promise you that.

I ain't being threatened by no gun feck that nonsence.

Ye its not very nice i can assure you lol

• Like 1

Jesus Christ.

You on the sauce Ray.

There really is an awsome amount of pish spouted on here at times.

I can almost bet without worry that no one here knows anyone whos had a dog shot in the last 20 years.

. And you would be very wrong known em shot ran over with lands and crippled live the life some of us have and that be running a fine line ya see pretty much everything .atb bunnys

I have said it before on here know of one silly over irate farmer shot ones little jukel he paid the highest price with his life shot dead.atb bunnys

Remember that case some years back think him who shot the farmer got jailed for manslaughter .IMO no dogs life is worth doing jail time for no matter how long the sentence.

• Like 2

In Scotland it used to be if a farmer wanted to shoot a dog for killing sheep or use that to shoot any dog they had to post it in local news paper for 7 day's saying any dog found on there land from this date will be shot then only after it had been in the local paper for 7 day's they could shoot any dog that was on there land a lot of farmers used to put it in the local paper once a year.

Do not know if this still stands.

iF your tresspassing in search of game yes you are commiting a crime and should you be unlucky enough to get caught there are penalties and consequences prescibed under the relevant law. Those penalties do not include some trigger happy farmer or game keeper shooting your dog unless it is worrying stock, nor does it permit a team of keepers or a bunch of farmers giving some one a kicking.. Yes some clowns overstep the mark on both sides of the poaching divide and it can rapidly escalate into a full blown fued sooner or later some one will die and plenty of innocent folk will be punished over what ?a bit of sport or game. . if you poach respect the land stock game and the land/owner farmer if they catch you leave the land straight away with an apology.after all its you that is in the wrong. In the same instance the threats to shoot dogs or even poachers this is not the 18th century and a itltle civility from both parties often resolves the situation.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 8

Boot on the other foot old fella a once knew ,found dead in the lanes ,local gossip he had been caught on the estate dropping his nets he was badly beaten know one brought ta justice cants kill a wee man. Fa a few rabbis Staffordshire like I would think most areas has unsolved crimes in the countryside past and present there will always be those who step over that line and it will be those that believe they are a law unto themselves , my motto if one lives long enough y'all sicken them keep at it and there his those hunters out there that live and breed the countryside with great respect to other folks livestock sheep etc. It's wrath of those that play both sides the fence that one needs ta be aware ,has for coursing clubs back I the day the wires in the tracks the fecking divides were brought by tcertain individuals in the clubs ,of course another law unto the sells double standard cants, it's always a risk running hunting on thy own even more so when yas well past they best but there ya go good luck yas all ya genuine folk out here fa 217 keep at it and feck the system and all there little foot soldiers. Let's keep hunting alive what Eva ways ya choose ta go about it.atb bunnys.

All this farmers and gamekeepers pointing Guns at you is bollox ... do you think the man is going to murder you and go inside for a very long time just for catching a bit of game ... I don't think so .....

• Like 1

Only known one dog to get shot by a keeper for taking a roe he was new to the area only lasted a week after it and went back to Wales with no dogs was a shame what was done to the mans dogs killed 4 of them

That's what you gotta watch only takes a stalker or keeper to see your dog knecking a deer from a high seat and that's it you would be lucky to know where the shot came from. Lamping I've heard of the dog making a catch Jeep coming from nowhere rolling the dog and off.

As for all those saying it don't happen blah blah blah some land owners are terrorised and they've only got to catch someone trying to do it right and it all comes out. Remember some lads are there for a run or 2 some are there for other reasons. Not just guns either I could tell you some things you wouldn't believe all for having a walk somewhere infact if they got a gun on board they normally abit sensible. Noticed a lot of keepers have the Malinois and German shepherds out with them now.

I'm lucky enough that I've got a few bits of permission wich gives me a reason to be in the area with a lamp and dog the poacher like the fox gets blamed for a lot of stuff he don't do.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 2

All this farmers and gamekeepers pointing Guns at you is bollox ... do you think the man is going to murder you and go inside for a very long time just for catching a bit of game ... I don't think so .....

are you saying you dont belive those of us that say this happened to,,,cos i can asure you this happened to me,,

or are you saying ,,,there never going to really shoot you??? i would agree with that in the vast majority of cases,,although theres at least one yorkshire pudding on hear that has genuinly been shot

• Like 2