Farmers Shooting Dogs.

good read that, suppose its where you are with the dog, if on public ground and the dog whether on a lead, or walking to heal , by sheep well the farmer could be in big trouble if he still shot your dog.But if trespassing (poaching) and there sheep on the ground, and the farmer/keeper shot your dog, dont think you got a leg to stand on, the law will back the farmer because of the trespass law, but if not trespassing as above the farmer be in big trouble if he killed your dog :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

I think a dog needs to be in the act of worrying when it is shot.Otherwise the shooter has become judge and jury..

If I was a dog shooting farmer I might be worried that someone might come one night and shoot all my sheep with hollow point .22 bullets in revenge for shooting someones dog..Christ they wouldnt even need a lamp.

• Like 1

I think a dog needs to be in the act of worrying when it is shot.Otherwise the shooter has become judge and jury..

If I was a dog shooting farmer I might be worried that someone might come one night and shoot all my sheep with hollow point .22 bullets in revenge for shooting someones dog..Christ they wouldnt even need a lamp.

Last time I heard of a farmer shooting a dog was a few years back, his gate came open in the night and livestock were everywhere. Loads got knocked down. Caused him carnage and no end of problems. Poor bugger.

• Like 2
Guest Snitch99

I came across two guys other night while walking my pups, they were in a defender out shooting foxes for the landowners, we got chatting and they mentioned the landowners had told them to shoot any dogs they saw out Lamping with there owners, they wasn't willing to shoot dogs as one one of them was a dog man him self but they did have a top of the range night vision spotter and were calling the police on the lads instead of shooting the dogs, you wouldn't even know you'd been seen!

Night vision wankers.

Little knobs big scopes.

• Like 3

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the owner banned from owning another,if you cannot educate your charge to be stock broken then you are certainly failing the dog and do not deserve to own one.Accidents happen and everybody is entitled to come unstuck at times,when accidents are frequent its time to buy an hamster and oil its wheel.If i owned a dog that chased or worried stock id not be looking to a farmer,or his agent,to sort the problem out,id take that responsibility on myself.If a farmer shot one of my mutts for chasing or worrying his stock id face him,apologise and get the wallet out.The other scenario is a landowner or their agent shooting a dog for just being on their land,under control and causing no bother,thats a totally different sack of revenge.All these feckwits and nuggets about that lose their mutt because of their inability to educate the first,second or twentieth dog they enter,i have zero sympathy for.A couple of weeks ago whilst mole trapping i assisted the farmer dragging 5 dead lambs back to his tractor bucket,he spent the afternoon rounding up 3 ewes that a vet spent a while stitching up and treating,young,dumb and feckless lurcher owners from Braithwaite,for the next few weeks we all became tarred with their brush,again.Stock train the mutts or get out of the game,learn a few basic wildlife and countryside laws,or get out of the game.Some of the worst offenders i know have been in the game for far longer than some better disciplined and admirable youngsters.

• Like 11

Last time I heard of a farmer shooting a dog was a few years back, his gate came open in the night and livestock were everywhere. Loads got knocked down. Caused him carnage and no end of problems. Poor bugger.

Would that have been another cowardly lurcher owner that used the darkness to hide behind,a shroud to cover for their lack of morals or ability to accept their blame.The farmers are not the problem here folk,most of the time,the problem is the feckwits that often find it quaintly amusing to muller some wool when nothing else is available for their mutts,the feckwit that gets upset because somebody else as needed to take action because of their irresponsible actions,the feckwit that causes mayhem and damage upon the farmer when the farmer was not the REAL culprit.If your dog is the problem then you are to blame,if the dog is shot you are the cause,man up,grow a pair and face your responsibility,or as many find acceptable,blame another and make them suffer.

• Like 5

Would that have been another cowardly lurcher owner that used the darkness to hide behind,a shroud to cover for their lack of morals or ability to accept their blame.The farmers are not the problem here folk,most of the time,the problem is the feckwits that often find it quaintly amusing to muller some wool when nothing else is available for their mutts,the feckwit that gets upset because somebody else as needed to take action because of their irresponsible actions,the feckwit that causes mayhem and damage upon the farmer when the farmer was not the REAL culprit.If your dog is the problem then you are to blame,if the dog is shot you are the cause,man up,grow a pair and face your responsibility,or as many find acceptable,blame another and make them suffer.
Stop talking bollocks Morton. This isn't about lads who don't stock break their dogs. You know aswel as I do that there are trigger happy farmers and keepers out there who will shoot a dog which isn't worrying stock and purely because the lads are walking the land.

How the lurcher owner takes his revenge is up to him. Not everyone is Billy big bollocks like you and wants to give the land owner a good hiding and then face 5 years behind bars.

• Like 3

I don't blame some keepers the amount of grief they get from a certain few , the hours are long enough as it it without farmer or tenants phoning to let you know there's boys lamping the ground, it's the minority that fecks it for everyone

• Like 2

Can't see any normal farmer/keeper shooting a dog when the owner is present.

But if the dog is running wild amongst livestock I can see why pissed of farmers pull the trigger. You'll find the ones that do it don't mention it.

• Like 1

Stop talking bollocks Morton. This isn't about lads who don't stock break their dogs. You know aswel as I do that there are trigger happy farmers and keepers out there who will shoot a dog which isn't worrying stock and purely because the lads are walking the land.

How the lurcher owner takes his revenge is up to him. Not everyone is Billy big bollocks like you and wants to give the land owner a good hiding and then face 5 years behind bars.

If you read my posts a little slower,i typed them as slowly as i could to suit some,you may have read that i covered that scenario.I have no time, or more importantly, any wish to be associated with the feckless few that seek revenge for their actions,or lack of them,on the toss side of the coin rightful retribution is something i may have a little affinity towardsThe facts are that the majority of feckwits don,t wish to accept any form of blame when they are at fault,yet seek revenge with the same thirst as a more justified party.

• Like 3

With dog lads like some of you boys who needs antis and wildlife police hey.

Nothing like sticking together.

Id not hang my coat on the same door as the feckless minority with lurchers,they are the main reason Anti,s gain ammo and the Police interfere.I can say with pride that id never wish to be associated with many polluting our ranks.

• Like 6