Farmers Shooting Dogs.

Anybody wanting to call the bluff of a farmer with a gun, hope it's your lucky day. They all have bad days and one day enough will be enough, remember Tony Martin? Granted the lads who he shot at were thieving and not for the first time by all accounts. He had enough and snapped and shot one of them in the back and killed him.

Don't make the mistake thinking they are all bluffing :thumbs:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

All this farmers and gamekeepers pointing Guns at you is bollox ... do you think the man is going to murder you and go inside for a very long time just for catching a bit of game ... I don't think so .....

are you saying you dont belive those of us that say this happened to,,,cos i can asure you this happened to me,,

or are you saying ,,,there never going to really shoot you??? i would agree with that in the vast majority of cases,,although theres at least one yorkshire pudding on hear that has genuinly been shot

I'm saying that no farmer or gamekeeper is going to shoot you in cold blood in the middle of a field so a waving a gun at you is pointless .... I would be more worried if he had a pic axe handle in his hand ......
all though it was the other way around an unarmed gamekeeper in Ireland a few years ago approached 2 poachers shooting pheasants on an estate in county Meath and they shot him dead. It was national headline news at the time , google it for an interesting read if nothing else. Slane castle I think was the estate im not sure what year but think it was in the 1990s. Probably the only case in the last century though it wouldn't be common.

Can anyone recall the name of the lad from a traveller background who was competing in the paralympics earlier in the year, paralysed from the waist down? He was shot in the spine by a keeper who shot through the rear of the vehicle he was in.

Novice

http://www.gravesendreporter.co.uk/news/shot_teen_left_paralysed_1_596858

Can anyone recall the name of the lad from a traveller background who was competing in the paralympics earlier in the year, paralysed from the waist down? He was shot in the spine by a keeper who shot through the rear of the vehicle he was in.

Novice

FFS how could he plead not guilty.do you know the outcome of the case.

Novice

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/jail-for-men-who-shot-teenage-poacher-a104092/
  • Like 1

Novice

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/jail-for-men-who-shot-teenage-poacher-a104092/

Cheers.

• Like 1

A few year back there was a lad from Murton County Durham had his head just about blown off by a farmer who was waving a shot gun in his face one night when he was out lamping, they couldn't even identify him he was in that much of a mess. The farmer wormed his way out of it, he only got twelve month.

Edited by maxwell

A few year back there was a lad from murton county durham had his head just about blown off by a farmer who was waving a shot gun in his face one night when he was out lamping, they couldn't even identify him he was in that much of a mess. The farmer wormed his way out of it, he only got twelve month.

7th January 1995

"POACHER" KILLING: FARMER REMANDED

A farmer accused of shooting dead a man he believed was poaching on his land has been remanded in custody. Douglas Bails 30 is charged with the manslaughter of Martin Vout at Cole Hill farm Elwick on the Durham-Cleveland border. Mr Vout 37 from Murton North Yorks died from severe head wounds on Thursday night. A bail application was rejected & Mr Bails was remanded to Holme House prison at Stockton until next Thursday.

It does happen there was an issue recently on carlton towers at selby where the keeper run over a lads dogs and also shot one.

There are lads on here who will know exactly what happened.

All hell broke loose with the keeper needing police protection but it is my understanding he is still there.

A lot of years ago a farmer on the edge of my village shot some dogs with a bullet gun.

One of the dogs was killed outright but another dog which was on a lead was shot with the bullet going striaght through.

The dog died later.

No one could ever understand how this farmer kept his gun licence and no action was taken against him.

The owner of the dog could have been easily shot.

Charges could have been braught against both parties but it is my understanding they came to an agreement to both drop charges.

I done a little job near selby before Christmas shurbun-in-elmet driving back towards the A1 I seen a plough jockeys pickup with a big sign saying your dog maybe shot if found amongst live stock FFS what's that about