2 hours ago, WILF said:

You are a well traveled man mate, do you think that’s true ?……I only ask as I have witnessed the access an Irish passport give people to places like America and Australia and New Zealand.

Friends of my girls who were born in the U.K. just found closed doors for J21 visas, farm jobs in New Zealand and Oz but those with an Irish passport, straight in, no questions asked.

Just a little tale from many years ago, Wilf.

It may sound like bullshit, but I swear on the graves of my kids it’s true .

I had to go from Saudi to Australia about 20 odd years ago and decided to take the wife along.

Anyway, we applied on line for the visas and it cost a non-refundable £26.

My wife’s was issued immediately, but mine was rejected. I thought I’d maybe made a mistake so tried again. Rejected again, another £26 gone !

So we went to the Quantas office in Jeddah and they tried a few times and it kept being rejected. 
I was panicking a bit now, so called my son who was the number three in the British Consulate in Jeddah, the Entry Clearance Officer, who decided if you got a visa to the U K or not.

He called his opposite number in the Australian Embassy in Dubai and explained the situation.

The guy called me and said there was a red flag against my name, so I couldn’t go to Australia, but he would look into it.

He called me back and asked if I had a middle name. I said no but my son has the same first and last name as me but HE had a middle name.

No, said the guy, you son had very high clearance. Can you fax me a copy of your passport ?

Which I did and he called me back and said everything is sorted, I’ve issued you an electronic visa, just show your passport and you’ll be issued a visa when you land.

I wasn’t happy with this and asked him to fax me a letter confirming everything, which he did, as I didn’t want to be deported on arrival in Oz or end up in handcuffs ! 
When we landed in Oz I handed over my passport at immigration and the officer looked at it, looked at a computer screen , looked back at me with a small smile and a hint of a wink and stamped my visa.

I later found out, through my son, that a Jamaican with the same first and last name as me and with the same date of birth was on an international “watch list”, but his middle name was Winston, and he was, as Boycie would say, as black as Newgates Knocker !

Alls well that ends well, and I’ve been back many times, including three month hunting trip!

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres just no hope 😱

If we had historically “kept our noses out” we would still be running around with wode on our faces…..we are a nation founded on conquest and piracy and basically nicking the other blokes stuff becaus

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

He was always quite polite to me, in his various guise’s, probably because I’d answer him but not bite, but he did like to try the wind up !

Cheers.

Yeah he did put some valid points down at times but took things to far at other times and made things personal 

• Like 1

The same people who want Israel for the Jews are the same people who are flooding the west with migrants. I would think plans are already underway to bring half a million Palestinians here as we speak. 

We live in a country where our soldiers are still being pursued and jailed for decisions they made in northern Ireland 30 years ago.....yet Israeli commanders can drop a tower block full of women and children without a word of condemnation. 

......and some of you think government should be introducing sensible border controls for our own protection 🤣

• Like 3
On 13/10/2023 at 07:27, kanny said:

The History of the imaginary Palestinian

state:

1. Before Israel there was a British

Mandate, not a Palestinian state

2. Before the British Mandate, it was the

Ottoman Empire, not a Palestinian

state.

3. Before the Ottoman Empire Was the

Islamic State of the Mamluks of Egypt

not a Palestinian state

4. Before the Islamic State of the

Mamluks from Egypt, the Arab-Kurdish

Empire was the Ayyubid, not a

Palestinian state

5. Before the Ayyubid Empire was the

Frankish and Christian Kingdom of

Jerusalem, not a Palestinian state.

6. Before the Kingdom of Jerusalem

was the Umayyad and Fatimid empire,

not a Palestinian state

7. Before the Umayyad and Fatimid

empires, the Byzantine Empire was not

a Palestinian state.

8. Before the Byzantine Empire, there

were Sassanids, not a Palestinian state.

9. Before the Sassanid Empire was the

Byzantine Empire, not a Palestinian

state.

10. Before the Byzantine Empire was

the Roman Empire, not a Palestinian

state.

11. Before the Roman Empire it was a

Hasmonean state, not a Palestinian state.

1 2. Before the Hasmonean state was

the Seleucid, not a Palestinian state

13. Before the Seleucid Empire was the

Empire of Alexander, not a Palestinian

state.

1 4. Before Alexander's empire it was the

Persian Empire, not a Palestinian state.

1 5. Before the Persian Empire was the

Babylonian Empire, not a Palestinian

state.

1 6. Before the Babylonian Empire were

the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, not a

Palestinian state,

17. Before the Kingdom of lsrael, thetheocracy of the twelve tribes of Israel

was not a Palestinian state.

18. Before the theocracy of the twelve

tribes of Israel, there was an

accumulation of independent Canaanite

city-kingdoms, not a Palestinian state.

wrong they were promised palestine if the they help defeat the ottoman empire in ww1 but we’re you guessed it lied to and f****d off by us and france which really was the start we’ve always been good at causing aggro and for been sly fuckers lol

50 minutes ago, stop.end said:

But is the Israelis not acting like the very people who persucuted them?

Commiting mass genocide?

I've no side in any of this just seeing it from an outside view.

No they are defending themselves against a terrorist attack again from islamist militants, by hitting them with an iron fist, the same thing every other nation in the west should have done when the very same groups attacked innocent civilians over here. Lets not rule it out as ireland is under attack by them aswell just not in a mass killing yet, but by the grooming, raping, violent attacks and the individual murders all covered up in the name of cultural diversity

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

wrong they were promised palestine if the they help defeat the ottoman empire in ww1 but we’re you guessed it lied to and f****d off by us and france which really was the start we’ve always been good at causing aggro and for been sly fuckers lol

I think the land was sold to the Israeli's By the Arabs in 1947/8 after the war. 

6 minutes ago, paulus said:

I think the land was sold to the Israeli's By the Arabs in 1947/8 after the war. 

Think the Jew's where in Israel a long long time ago according to the Bible and wasn't it the so called King of the Jew's they nailed to a door of wood.

Cheers Arry

5 minutes ago, paulus said:

didn’t know that i watched something about us getting there help to defeat the ottomans and then taking palestine iraq some a turkey etc then keeping it between us france after ww1 

3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Did someone say there was a pro Palestinian march today ?

Which do you think will get most attendee's? 🤣

I'd be surprised if 50 people give a fck about stopping the boats march

Screenshot_20231011-172914.png

There will be more Antifa turn up for that than Anti-boat protestors sadly.

• Like 2

My missus is in London now with her sister ( they are going to see Madonna) she said it was chaos when they got off the tube and very intimidating with lots of people with face coverings, they were sacking the shopping off and going to find somewhere out the centre to go 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1