Gigs this year

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im taking my 17 year old daughter to see iron maiden in birmingham this summer....before they hang their guitars up lol

For the lads on here into music, what gigs have you got coming up this year? My kids (17 and 15) are really into their music, last year we took them to see  My Chemical Romance Fall out

I’m pretty lucky, live more or less next to an open air theatre that gets some good bands.. the groups are prob mortified they have to play here but it’s in the contracts if they want the big gigs in

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Saw iron maiden last night at the 02 London. Bruce has got some energy for a ole fella. Was great but bieng seated not the same as standing in a field getting pissed up

took my 18yr old daughter to see them tues in birmingham......she really enjoyed them...played too much new stuff for my liking though?

• Like 1

talking of music .....did you guys see guns and roses at glasto....i watched on telly ...by christ axel has lost his voice....need a new lead singer...

Eltons bit on sunday was good....but i think he looks a bit frail...i think Ken might be on his way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, TOMO said:

talking of music .....did you guys see guns and roses at glasto....i watched on telly ...by christ axel has lost his voice....need a new lead singer.....seen them twice in the early 90's

Eltons bit on sunday was good....but i think he looks a bit frail...i think Ken might be on his way

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

talking of music .....did you guys see guns and roses at glasto....i watched on telly ...by christ axel has lost his voice....need a new lead singer...

No bloke close to his 60s is gunna hit notes like axel did in the late 80s.Tbh even if he could belt them out the same it wouldnt be the same GnR's without Izzy on rhythm and Adler holding it all together on drums.I thought Elton john sounded shit as well but again what do you expect from someone whos nearly dead

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

Elton has a long term partner, he would probably tell Ken to fk off....Maybe ?

Yes TOMO.. I watched G&R from the Saturday night. I recorded it and actually watched it in the week. Yes, it's a shame his voice isn't what it was 30 year ago but that's what happens with most vocalist.. change over time and not for the best. Dickinson  out of Iron Maiden is the same. He can't hit and hold the notes like he used to but you have to adapt and change things to suit your range. In Axles defence.. apparently the mixing desk f@@ked up early on at the Glastonbury gig but got it sorted towards end. I seen GnR at main road Man Citys old ground back in '92!! Buss trip from Mansfield. I was 14!! I was about half a mile away from the stage. It could have been Bianca off Eastenders for all I knew!!

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, downsouth said:

No bloke close to his 60s is gunna hit notes like axel did in the late 80s.Tbh even if he could belt them out the same it wouldnt be the same GnR's without Izzy on rhythm and Adler holding it all together on drums.I thought Elton john sounded shit as well but again what do you expect from someone whos nearly dead

That’s one guy I’d never pay to watch no interest in Elton’s music one bit

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Deker said:

Saw Chic at Henley Festival on Friday, does that count!

Saw them at Dreamland in Margate last year.My pal took his missus to see them at Rochester castle the other night.They were vey good,Nile Rogers is a musical genius 

• Like 1