Gigs this year

9 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Me and the wife used to go and see gigs at the Sheffield arena at least a couple of times a year until ticket prices seemed to go through the roof though i do miss going to see a live band which i have seen a few my first being Hawkwind in 1976 at Sheffield City hall.

One of my favourite bands Hawkwind 1976 just after Warrior on the edge of time came out, old Dave Brock is still going strong.

• Like 2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im taking my 17 year old daughter to see iron maiden in birmingham this summer....before they hang their guitars up lol

For the lads on here into music, what gigs have you got coming up this year? My kids (17 and 15) are really into their music, last year we took them to see  My Chemical Romance Fall out

I’m pretty lucky, live more or less next to an open air theatre that gets some good bands.. the groups are prob mortified they have to play here but it’s in the contracts if they want the big gigs in

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

One of my favourite bands Hawkwind 1976 just after Warrior on the edge of time came out, old Dave Brock is still going strong.

I am sure Dr Feelgood where the support band. Another band great live when I saw them was Be Bop Deluxe. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I always thought you were never as quiet and reserved as you portray ?

Hope you both enjoy it mate??

15 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Sounds spot that. I never really got 'right' into Maiden.. that Seventh Son album was quality though. Old Bruce had a belting voice back in the day... Harris is a top bassist too. Hope you all enjoy the gig..?

15 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Wow I see them when they first started out at the Ruskin Arms in East Ham London with their original singer Paul Di’anno 1978/81 I believe he was a big West Ham Fan always got everyone singing Bubbles before they started the gig 40 odd years ago ?

ive seen them twice already and really enjoyed them.....the energy is electric even at their age.

my daughter is really into her music so only right to take her.she enjoyed the foo fighters so she will love the maiden?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mossberg12 said:

ive seen them twice already and really enjoyed them.....the energy is electric even at their age.

my daughter is really into her music so only right to take her.she enjoyed the foo fighters so she will love the maiden?

She will love them I also remember seeing them at the Rainbow in London and we were all part of a video they were making at the time we’ll long story short they ballsed up the video and we were in there till 05:30 in the morning great memories they had a load of blokes dressed up as Eddies thier mascot back in the day and they all come rushing out from all over shooting the crowd with big laser guns lol insane times ?

• Like 3

I think we will only be doing open air gigs this year because every  time me and the Mr's  have been to our local  Rock city  recently we have ended up with covid  ffs...its kinda put us off tbh.

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, kanny said:

I think we will only be doing open air gigs this year because every  time me and the Mr's  have been to our local  Rock city  recently we have ended up with covid  ffs...its kinda put us off tbh.

That's a proper shame matey that is!! I'm at City to see Cannibal Corpse end of April.. don't waste your looking them up.. you'll think they're shite!!? I love a bit of death metal. Seen them twice before both at City. I always get on the barrier right at the front. I looked their front man up and down.. George Fisher.. he had some shitty fake leather plastic safely boots on and some 10 quid army surplus black combat bottoms on and they were covered in sp#nk and snot!! I Googled him and noticed his net worth is about £5 mill. I like that type of bloke!!

?800px-Cannibal_Corpse_Rockharz_2018_07.jpg.5e7d6dd2e8d4ac4b4e45657fb684b7ac.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

That's a proper shame matey that is!! I'm at City to see Cannibal Corpse end of April.. don't waste your looking them up.. you'll think they're shite!!? I love a bit of death metal. Seen them twice before both at City. I always get on the barrier right at the front. I looked their front man up and down.. George Fisher.. he had some shitty fake leather plastic safely boots on and some 10 quid army surplus black combat bottoms on and they were covered in sp#nk and snot!! I Googled him and noticed his net worth is about £5 mill. I like that type of bloke!!

?800px-Cannibal_Corpse_Rockharz_2018_07.jpg.5e7d6dd2e8d4ac4b4e45657fb684b7ac.jpg

My Mr's would like them but I'm not really a super thrash death metal fan, some is OK for 5 minutes lol, I love rock city mate but when it's rammed it's a laboratory lol..Amyl and the sniffers was our last gig there. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

My Mr's would like them but I'm not really a super thrash death metal fan, some is OK for 5 minutes lol, I love rock city mate but when it's rammed it's a laboratory lol..Amyl and the sniffers was our last gig there. 

I checked em out mate.. I remember when you said you where going. Cracking venue isn't. They've got a few other pokey rooms downstairs. Seen Napalm Death and an AC/DC cover band down there..  the smaller the set up.. the better for me mate!! ?

4 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

I checked em out mate.. I remember when you said you where going. Cracking venue isn't. They've got a few other pokey rooms downstairs. Seen Napalm Death and an AC/DC cover band down there..  the smaller the set up.. the better for me mate!! ?

?  I hate those stadium gigs ...the rescue rooms  are good ? 

20190603_225007.jpg

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, kanny said:

?  I hate those stadium gigs ...the rescue rooms  are good ? 

20190603_225007.jpg

Only been the once mate.. Deicide.. deth metal band from Tampa.. Florida.  It's on YouTube somewhere with me shouting allover it. Too many Tuborgs!!? Cracking venue like you say mate..?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, kanny said:

Amy and the Sniffers were supporting Green day last year..

They were decent..

Screenshot_20230116-084435_Gallery.jpg.74df00ed492f644f8832e2f7d1b400dd.jpg

• Like 1