Motorbikes

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have built prettier bikes?This last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles . I saw it at

A yammy TT my bro restored  and  a Ex Dutch army motor guzzi project my mate is just starting.

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ). I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics . It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Same bike just the 600cc version, The deltabox bit relates to the design of the frame mate

Great post. Used to ride an muck abound bikes when I was a young lad had all manner of field bikes some stolen off some poor sods that I’m not proud of I never stole them my self but they’d come our way via deals or cheapness so we’d buy them to frash about then once they were dead  bin them. Had a road legal bikes couple of 50cc mopeds a Ar 50 an a dt50mx then had a good few 125s I’ve had a mk1 rd 125 a couple of tzr 125s a dtr125 the dt125 was my favourite for a 125 she was a flying machine with her power valve pegged open on an off road think that’s why I liked it so much because you could go anywhere she’d go off the clock. Ive not got a full license for bikes the big bikes don’t really interest me as much as the small 2strokes so never did my full bike license I just used to do a cbt but been thinking the last 6month of treating my self to a motorcross bike at some point been thinking of a yz125 an endurance road legalise it for some green land use an just fun use. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, greg64 said:

Couple of my old bikes gsxr 1100 street fighter and Yamaha xjr 1200 which was bored out to 1440 cc

DAD8166C-5A37-4BD1-B9B0-6C234E4BA9F1.jpeg

DCB6BC12-468F-47C7-AF5D-E6225E0E430F.jpeg

Always liked the xjr 

there’s a lovely blue and white xjr 1300 on a 56 plate in a bike shop down the road from me, it a lot of bike for a little under 3k

• Like 1

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ).

I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics .

It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l noticed one  Grandchild was doing a good and completly unprompted Steve McQueen impression Screenshot_20221012-084439_Facebook.jpg.1596e07d027c60bebe061a60d426b335.jpgand the other a Brando! Screenshot_20221012-084401_Facebook.jpg.b26cb7f43696807339fadc8c2f776ac1.jpg

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Always liked the xjr 

there’s a lovely blue and white xjr 1300 on a 56 plate in a bike shop down the road from me, it a lot of bike for a little under 3k

there a nice comfy ride with loads of torque, but they are a bit heavy

39 minutes ago, greg64 said:

there a nice comfy ride with loads of torque, but they are a bit heavy

I just like a sit up bike now, I can’t be doing with laying across a fuel tank anymore, the mind is willing but the body is weak 

my brother has one of them big BMW GS’s and it’s probably the heaviest bikes I’ve ever ridden but it’s lovely to ride 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Always liked the xjr 

The brother in law has an immaculate blue and white xjr, he went to trade it in a few years ago but what they offered he decided to keep it and buy straight, dont think he really wanted to sell it but had to go through the motions to keep the wife happy. Lol. 

i was given this bike a while ago, it wasn't running to good it had been sitting in their garage for years, the lady said it had something go on with the throttle, so i stripped the carb and cleaned that up, but the problem i found was the fuel pipe was collapsing from the suction of the carb when it was running, there was enough pipe which i cut that soft section out, now it runs quite nice, i was toying with turning into a bobber.... 

IMG_1185.JPG

• Like 1
23 hours ago, comanche said:

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ).

I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics .

It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l noticed one  Grandchild was doing a good and completly unprompted Steve McQueen impression Screenshot_20221012-084439_Facebook.jpg.1596e07d027c60bebe061a60d426b335.jpgand the other a Brando! Screenshot_20221012-084401_Facebook.jpg.b26cb7f43696807339fadc8c2f776ac1.jpg

Just don't let him point it at a fence. Bantams are for delivering telelgrams, not escaping from prison camps.

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Just don't let him point it at a fence. Bantams are for delivering telelgrams, not escaping from prison camps.

Ah it's  actually a C11, but probably no faster than a bantam to be honest?.

An interesting fact,  well a fact anyway  is that  Steve McQueen really did own one ; in British Racing Green. 

• Like 1