Motorbikes

9 minutes ago, paulus said:

My problem is, and has always been, i can not just do something, i have to understand everything about or associated with it, Take photography, i only wanted to learn photography but to do that i had to learn lighting, photoshop. that took nearly a year to understand to a level i felt comfortable with, Plus all the other shit i was never going to use, I never wanted to be a photographer even though i ended up doing just that, That's why i gave it up, My hands put pay to the motorbike game even though i still have a semi complete KTM 250 in bits in the shed that i have given to my oldest lad. who knows one day he might get the urge. At the minute i am looking for something to occupy my head as without it i am likely to go crazy ?

I Have the same “problem “my hobbies become an obsession , I read up , research ,watch videos , programs associated with the subject ….. then I get bored and want to do something else ?? …. Mines apparently down to  me being in the autistic spectrum ?

• Like 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have built prettier bikes?This last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles . I saw it at

A yammy TT my bro restored  and  a Ex Dutch army motor guzzi project my mate is just starting.

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ). I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics . It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, paulus said:

The Aprilla Pegaso Build, This had been leaning against a shed in a blokes garden for 11 or 12 years before i got him to sell it to me, There was a mouse nest in the front headlight, Bramble had grown through every gap possible and even some you would not have thought possible, 

SAM_0172 (2).jpg

008.png

002.png

SAM_0051 (2).JPG

That is just plain mint ????

12 hours ago, Franks dad said:

I Have the same “problem “my hobbies become an obsession , I read up , research ,watch videos , programs associated with the subject ….. then I get bored and want to do something else ?? …. Mines apparently down to  me being in the autistic spectrum ?

I did one of them online tests for Autism, i scored 23 out of 25 ? 

12 hours ago, Franks dad said:

????That sounds familiar.Bought myself a little vespa back in the summer for 1500quid to run around local on as I didnt fancy another big bike.After reading up on what can be done with them it now stands me in 6grand and I own 2 more scooters.Thats always seemed to have been the trend with me,All or nothing.When my daughter was diagnosed with autism a few years back I was chatting with one of the dogs that was assessing her and she asked me where I thought she got it from?

• Like 3
14 hours ago, paulus said:

My problem is, and has always been, i can not just do something, i have to understand everything about or associated with it, Take photography, i only wanted to learn photography but to do that i had to learn lighting, photoshop. that took nearly a year to understand to a level i felt comfortable with, Plus all the other shit i was never going to use, I never wanted to be a photographer even though i ended up doing just that, That's why i gave it up, My hands put pay to the motorbike game even though i still have a semi complete KTM 250 in bits in the shed that i have given to my oldest lad. who knows one day he might get the urge. At the minute i am looking for something to occupy my head as without it i am likely to go crazy ?

319244498_3384143901868774_6319594244723833873_n.jpg

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

????That sounds familiar.Bought myself a little vespa back in the summer for 1500quid to run around local on as I didnt fancy another big bike.After reading up on what can be done with them it now stands me in 6grand and I own 2 more scooters.Thats always seemed to have been the trend with me,All or nothing.When my daughter was diagnosed with autism a few years back I was chatting with one of the dogs that was assessing her and she asked me where I thought she got it from?

Obsession the Bain of my life ?..A lot more people are on the spectrum than realise it , it comes to light more through the conditions u may or my not have that come associated with it ( you prob know all this from the dog??) …. And unless you can offer proof that it’s affecting your daily life in a negative. Way , then they won’t help. I get by , have a melt down now and then , but now I know and other people know why,I’m the way I am  even at work ,it’s much easier and I don’t feel such a fruit loop … and I’d say you and paulus are both up there.?