Motorbikes

3 minutes ago, jok said:

Paulus. Did you ever get to the Polesworth meetings ? Stylers Hill. Jok.

No mate, Been a few on the beach at Mablethorpe. To old and knackered now mate, took a 125 out a few months ago and my hands don't work as they should so bikes are done for me,

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have built prettier bikes?This last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles . I saw it at

A yammy TT my bro restored  and  a Ex Dutch army motor guzzi project my mate is just starting.

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ). I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics . It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I had one of them, I think it was 2000 one of the first after the wr400, I also had a Honda cr500, I’m trying to find a picture of it, now that would scare the sh*t out of me, whoever thought a 500 2stroke was a good idea clearly had something wrong with them ?

Maico do a 700cc i believe 

My mate Joe raced both of the Maico’s at Polesworth. I think he still has all of them. And a Harley, an Indian, a huge Yamaha and dozens of lawnmowers. Hell of a guy. Have a look on Google at the meetings. Stypers  Hill, Polesworth. Some big names have been there. I think there is a Boxing Day meeting coming up. Thinking about it Chris Walker won there a few years back. Jok.

Just now, jok said:

My mate Joe raced both of the Maico’s at Polesworth. I think he still has all of them. And a Harley, an Indian, a huge Yamaha and dozens of lawnmowers. Hell of a guy. Have a look on Google at the meetings. Stypers  Hill, Polesworth. Some big names have been there. I think there is a Boxing Day meeting coming up. Thinking about it Chris Walker won there a few years back. Jok.

Only bloke i ever new from Polesworth was a copper who coursed salukis, He gave me my first ever bird of prey, a female kestrel that someone had taken from the nest and was imprinted so could not go back to the wild. 

2 minutes ago, jok said:

Polesworth still have a bird auction at the club in a Wednesday night.

My mate Chris had a Granby Yamaha which a hell of a lot of gears. He, foolishly let me loose on it and I ended up going straight through a pub door in Moulton, Northampton. He, foolishly, challenged another good friend  to a bumper to back tyre race along Kettering Road, Northampton. My friend sat behind the wheel of a hyper spec Mustang which ran straight over Chris. Things we do. Jok.

My Blackbird. The original import which went to a geezer in Cumbria who owned a motorcycle helmet manufacturing company. The bike went round and round on a circular stage for 7 years with only the cleaning lady giving it a dust. I got wind of it whilst racing at Donnington, made an offer and it was mine. I managed 174 mph outside Assen on the thing. Now that gets the blood rushing. Like yourself, age took over. Gone. Shame. Jok

45211A75-A227-4161-A858-FAF2214A033D.jpeg

DBBFC272-98E8-4B02-A7E6-1B6EC5AFF55C.jpeg

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Love the dt125, I had one of them for the field when I was 16, that set me off on my love of the crosser, never restored any but spent the best part of my 20’s rebuilding them and just keeping them going, this is my favourite, it was road registered when I got it but I thought it might kill me if I kept using it on the road, I loved a 2 banger ?

BE4662DD-1E57-48E4-BDB7-E0C1335C0B17.jpeg

Never seen another rmx apart from the one the brother had . More of an enduro bike than an out and out mx bike 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, paulus said:

Maico do a 700cc i believe 

Yeah they do, you can get a bore kit for them to take it to 750, the thing is with the maico is the whole bike was built as one where as the early cr500 and kx500 was just “ let’s stick a big engine in a 125”and see what happens, the handling, braking and weight balance was shocking, but they didn’t half bloody shift, I only had it a few months and swapped it for a cr250, wish I still had it now, they do silly money for a good restored one 

• Like 2

Paulus. Since I came back into civilisation in 1984, there were only 2 coppers working Polesworth, Austrey, Orton on the Hill etc etc. which one of the 2 ran Salukis? There was only one bird man at the time and he lived in Wharton just Opposite the Fox and Dogs. Now lives in Aberdeenshire by the way. Ring any bells? Jok.

6 minutes ago, Chid said:

Never seen another rmx apart from the one the brother had . More of an enduro bike than an out and out mx bike 

Yeah, that was a proper enduro bike when I got it, daytime MOT, map pocket in the seat, enduro tank, it was geared a bit different as well, still didn’t stop it going everywhere on its back wheel 

1 minute ago, jok said:

Paulus. Since I came back into civilisation in 1984, there were only 2 coppers working Polesworth, Austrey, Orton on the Hill etc etc. which one of the 2 ran Salukis? There was only one bird man at the time and he lived in Wharton just Opposite the Fox and Dogs. Now lives in Aberdeenshire by the way. Ring any bells? Jok.

His name was Steve this would be around 1981 ish