Motorbikes

23 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Id tale one of those klr bikes too, very good bikes and the us military got them in diesel version too

Jesus, it will shake the fillings out your head being petrol, diesel must be like riding an old lister engine ?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have built prettier bikes?This last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles . I saw it at

A yammy TT my bro restored  and  a Ex Dutch army motor guzzi project my mate is just starting.

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ). I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics . It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l

Posted Images

beautiful restoration work, all worth a good few bob, wouldnt sell them mysel but everythings got a price,often look in classic bike magazine at prices on old bikes, climbing all the time,loved my years as a biker, but getting too old to fall off these days, lol.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, paulus said:

The old Thundercat. 

SAM_0030.JPG

I absolutely loved them but never got around to owning one, in the mid 2000’s I had a vtr firestorm ( big heavy slug ) and a lad I used to go on rides out with had a yammy thunderace that thing was crazy fast, I think he used to get sick of waiting for me to catch up

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Ones rode back with shot gun and 4 geese over my shoulder on my old cg125 ha 

I can remember as a 16 years old, going fishing on my TY50, it was like it is now, absolutely freezing cold, Basket over one shoulder and rod holdall over the other, My mate in front was on a Suzuki GT125 after going for about half an hour he stopped on a canal bridge to wait for me to catch up, When i did, i couldn't bend my knee to put my foot down and ended up on the floor sideways under the bike ?

9 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I absolutely loved them but never got around to owning one, in the mid 2000’s I had a vtr firestorm ( big heavy slug ) and a lad I used to go on rides out with had a yammy thunderace that thing was crazy fast, I think he used to get sick of waiting for me to catch up

I have a soft spot for them mate, No idea why but i just like them. 

9 minutes ago, paulus said:

I have a soft spot for them mate, No idea why but i just like them. 

I’ve just been looking on evilbay and between 1700 and 2k will get you a tidy early 2000 thundercat, I think it’s time I kicked off my midlife crisis and got another bike, it’s been about 6 years now since I last owned one, I had a Kawasaki er6n that I bought new in 2010 but that got nicked in 2016, that was a really fun bike to ride, 650 mini twin, not really fast but you couldn’t half fling it about and I never once felt like I was going to come off it

13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve just been looking on evilbay and between 1700 and 2k will get you a tidy early 2000 thundercat, I think it’s time I kicked off my midlife crisis and got another bike, it’s been about 6 years now since I last owned one, I had a Kawasaki er6n that I bought new in 2010 but that got nicked in 2016, that was a really fun bike to ride, 650 mini twin, not really fast but you couldn’t half fling it about and I never once felt like I was going to come off it

Same with the FZR400 not many of them didn't end up sliding down a road, This one came in bits ?

SAM_0120.JPG

SAM_0117.JPG

SAM_0006.JPG

6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Paulus,you ever done an old Yam deltabox? my uncle Malc got a minter,she flies?

The FZR had a delta box frame, as did a few other models, You can see it says it on the frame 

SAM_0004.JPG