A.P.B.T....

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Most proper shows would be near silent apart from referee and handlers it was never good etiquette to be jumping about shouting in the crowd.....not that it made any difference the dogs were too focused on what they were doing for it to make much difference in my opinion.....i remember hearing about one of the first big raids in a sports hall years ago rspca/plod busted in knocking doors down chasing everyone about,lads jumping out of windows etc the dogs never batted an eyelid and plod were infact criticised for " allowing " the dogs to carry on longer than necessary.

There was a big raid years ago in South Yorkshire all sorts of rumours going round at the time. I  thought that would have been the case concerning the dogs when they were in the pit. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Most proper shows would be near silent apart from referee and handlers it was never good etiquette to be jumping about shouting in the crowd.....not that it made any difference the dogs were too focused on what they were doing for it to make much difference in my opinion.....i remember hearing about one of the first big raids in a sports hall years ago rspca/plod busted in knocking doors down chasing everyone about,lads jumping out of windows etc the dogs never batted an eyelid and plod were infact criticised for " allowing " the dogs to carry on longer than necessary.

Wasn’t there a gaelic football player busted in a bbc documentary 10 year or so ago? 

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Pretty much mate yes....no contact of course the way a fighter might spar up to a week before a fight dogs see no contact whatsoever....and yes the general concept is the same,steroids of course allow for shorter rest and higher output....a lot of people can send a dog in " fit "....but truly peaking a dog for that few hours takes more than that and is an art in my opinion.

Cheers mate.

Not wanting to go off topic but it makes a person appreciate Lurchers who are run hard and killing lots of tackle several nights a week. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

People forget to listen to often mate.. 

This is a great thread, of which I have no knowledge at all on... some lads obviously really know there stuff so really good to read...

Totally agree mate ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mackay said:

He was sired by Scotsmans Max mate.

He's a ringer for his sire. See a couple by "curstopper" almost identical. That blood certainly stamp it's type.... cracking looking bulldog fella ?

Yokel

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Most will switch on between 12 - 18 months but you dont want to be pushing a dog too far while under 2 years old....and i suppose 5 or 6 is the average age a dog will be putting their feet up,again dependant on how hard they,ve been worked.

Aye, like with most working dogs, it's a real easy job to ruin a young un by giving it too much too soon. Slowly does it. Even when it is chomping at the bit early doors, hold it back some. 14/16 months, if showing willing, and just a little taste, leave it wanting more....

Yokel

• Like 1