A.P.B.T....

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

And on the subject of bulldogs i was informed about the passing of Mr.Butcher a few weeks ago which brought a smile to my face.....such is life eh....or death in his case.

See that, about a month ago now. That rascal wiped a few good dogs out over the years! Funny enough, I remember having a convo with the fella from your neck of the woods mentioned on here earlier. He had butcher round his house, returning something or other after a "misunderstanding" ...he reckoned the geezers knowledge of dogs and the game they played was probably greater than a lot of people involved in it, and had he ever done a gamekeeper turn poacher type of thing, he'd have been a man to beat! I s'pose you spend that much time involved, even if you are on the other side, you're gonna pick up a few tips...still a c.unt tho...

Yokel

• Like 1

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Again.....steroids themself dont create winners the person administering them does....you can just as easily ruin a dog with them.....without wanting to blow my own horn i was one of the first people to do dogs on shots through a keep years ago as i had a lot of knowledge of them and for those who's dogs i shaped up their records spoke for themself....the downside was it made a lot of the dogs infertile and so you dont get to reproduce exceptional dogs......but done properly you are just going to get more of everything mate thats just a given.

you got any pics of any match fit from back in the day gnash ? be good to see mate 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Looked everywhere for a picture I had of a daughter of the iceman; mate had her as a pet and she used to condition herself just chasing fallow around. She was soft as a brush and good as gold with everything but cats

useless then ? 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

useless then ? 

I don’t think a dog needs to be a raving lunatic around everything to be good at it’s job, I had a dog that was lovely to be around, would find a corner away from other dogs in company or the back of a car, wouldn’t show any aggression at all to people or other dogs……but he would break a fox in the little pieces in 30 seconds flat and was mad to get at them. 

Anyway, that’s lurchers and this is something else…..I think these dogs sound a much more sophisticated tool to own, train and work and I’m enjoying reading all these lads tales ?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t think a dog needs to be a raving lunatic around everything to be good at it’s job, I had a dog that was lovely to be around, would find a corner away from other dogs in company or the back of a car, wouldn’t show any aggression at all to people or other dogs……but he would break a fox in the little pieces in 30 seconds flat and was mad to get at them. 

Anyway, that’s lurchers and this is something else…..I think these dogs sound a much more sophisticated tool to own, train and work and I’m enjoying reading all these lads tales ?

a gamebred dog that isn’t dog aggressive is useless though wilf surely 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a gamebred dog that isn’t dog aggressive is useless though wilf surely 

I don’t know mate, I don’t know enough about them.

A total know nothing like me on the subject would assume that is the case but maybe it isn’t ?……I know this much, some dogs know what their work is and what it isn’t so that could be the case with these ?

Ill wait and see what somebody who has experience and knowledge says ?

Maybe that’s you?….maybe it isn’t ?

Lets see ?

Edited to add: I suppose it’s like saying all man work dogs need to be manny ?…..but the reality is quiet the opposite 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

A total know nothing like me on the subject would assume that is the case but maybe it isn’t ?……I know this much, some dogs know what their work is and what it isn’t so that could be the case with these ?

Lets see ?

Edited to add: I suppose it’s like saying all man work dogs need to be manny ?…..but the reality is quiet the opposite 

need to be manny ?

edit to add if i had a game dog wasn’t dog aggressive i’d feel sick ? 

Edited by mC HULL
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Lets see ?

I remember road walking a mate's bulldog out of Reids dogs in the 80s when he was working away it was OK with nearby dogs though I never let it off the lead though it would go into a frenzy when held and faced with another bulldog as though it knew similar to when some greyhounds are put in the traps as they know what's coming. My knowledge on these type of dogs I admit is very limited though.