A.P.B.T....

1 hour ago, big sid said:

now i know nothing about this, but how long does it take to get a dog spot on, how many matches does it take to be a champ and how many in a dogs life would it normally have, is their an age to start and stop a dogs career.gnash what weight would that bitch be.

Most people with multiple dogs will  " pre keep "  a dog for 1 month and " keep " the dog for 8 - 10 weeks.....if its an only dog they'll normally be at a much higher level of fitness to start with and 8 weeks from the off is usually fine.

3 wins for Championship.....5 wins with no losses for Gr Ch.

Most dogs will be all used up after 3 mid - long matches dont forget they will have already had their schooling which all takes out of a dog....some of course are more resilient than others and go on to have 5 and 6 but the nervous system starts taking a pounding towards the end of a dogs career particularly if schooled too hard when young etc

Most will switch on between 12 - 18 months but you dont want to be pushing a dog too far while under 2 years old....and i suppose 5 or 6 is the average age a dog will be putting their feet up,again dependant on how hard they,ve been worked.

All this stuffs in the past for me by the way i simply like to keep a foot in the door out of a lifelong interest in strength and fitness as much as anything.

Sorry didnt see the last bit......the bitch pictured went at 17kg ( continental nonsense ) which is 37.5 lb to you and me....same for her second....for her third she went at 16.5 and lost,it was silly of the lads really you couldnt of taken another lb off that bitch without leaving her short,shame really.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t know mate, I don’t know enough about them.

A total know nothing like me on the subject would assume that is the case but maybe it isn’t ?……I know this much, some dogs know what their work is and what it isn’t so that could be the case with these ?

Ill wait and see what somebody who has experience and knowledge says ?

Maybe that’s you?….maybe it isn’t ?

Lets see ?

Edited to add: I suppose it’s like saying all man work dogs need to be manny ?…..but the reality is quiet the opposite 

People forget to listen to often mate.. 

This is a great thread, of which I have no knowledge at all on... some lads obviously really know there stuff so really good to read...

• Like 1

Might seem a daft question but did these dogs get more fired up at a match with a crowd. I was once invited to a match years ago but some of the numptys who had bulldogs in Rotherham it would only be a matter of time before it came on top due to one lad being a bit vocal and once asking the tap room in his local working men's if they wanted to go to a dogfight. Remember watching a match on tape about 1987 filmed in a flat in London of two very game dogs a red one and the other a black one.

22 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Might seem a daft question but did these dogs get more fired up at a match with a crowd. I was once invited to a match years ago but some of the numptys who had bulldogs in Rotherham it would only be a matter of time before it came on top due to one lad being a bit vocal and once asking the tap room in his local working men's if they wanted to go to a dogfight. Remember watching a match on tape about 1987 filmed in a flat in London of two very game dogs a red one and the other a black one.

Most proper shows would be near silent apart from referee and handlers it was never good etiquette to be jumping about shouting in the crowd.....not that it made any difference the dogs were too focused on what they were doing for it to make much difference in my opinion.....i remember hearing about one of the first big raids in a sports hall years ago rspca/plod busted in knocking doors down chasing everyone about,lads jumping out of windows etc the dogs never batted an eyelid and plod were infact criticised for " allowing " the dogs to carry on longer than necessary.

• Like 2