A.P.B.T....

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

I believe max was some dog even with a bad hip wasn't the owner a lad that had lurchers but didn't know what he had in max after rescuing him from a dog pound 

I think it was actually his stifle that was gone rather than his hip......slipping patella or something.

Some dog though.... i never liked to admit it years ago as it was an England v Scotland thing but as you wise up through life you just have to hold your hands up sometimes.....he was a hell of a bulldog and produced the same fair play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Any of you lads know of a chucky dog was in Ireland? 

My memory is normally pretty good for peds but cant quite remember now wasnt he a Two Toes dog or grandson of Two Toes....must admit i thought he was owned by Oddbod who was spoke about earlier in the thread but i could be wrong or he was sold on etc

16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think it was actually his stifle that was gone rather than his hip......slipping patella or something.

Some dog though.... i never liked to admit it years ago as it was an England v Scotland thing but as you wise up through life you just have to hold your hands up sometimes.....he was a hell of a bulldog and produced the same fair play.

I only know about max as I was told he was the grandsire to my pup so I researched him he was some dog even when he was out of it  and everything was against him he came through he  was involved in some tough tussels but had a big heart and had  that confidence in his own ability to over come it  you have to admire that 

30 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

patella is the knee gnash i know from dislocating both mine agony ? 

51 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

So many dogs were ruined in those early days as youngsters we all just thought they was machines im sure you will have read bits about this young lad we was literally rolling him out every other weekend from the minute he was on at 10 months !....its hard to admit but he wasnt far off " abused "....people said he stopped in his 4th which he did but the dog was shot to pieces before he was even fully mature.....hard one to accept and you live and learn but i hope he's had a whale of a time up there in bulldog heaven.

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

another corker gnash

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I only know about max as I was told he was the grandsire to my pup so I researched him he was some dog even when he was out of it  and everything was against him he came through he  was involved in some tough tussels but had a big heart and had  that confidence in his own ability to over come it  you have to admire that 

He was never matched at his true weight either simply because im not sure they could put him through a proper keep due to his injury so he was always going uphill.....incredible really.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

So many dogs were ruined in those early days as youngsters we all just thought they was machines im sure you will have read bits about this young lad we was literally rolling him out every other weekend from the minute he was on at 10 months !....its hard to admit but he wasnt far off " abused "....people said he stopped in his 4th which he did but the dog was shot to pieces before he was even fully mature.....hard one to accept and you live and learn but i hope he's had a whale of a time up there in bulldog heaven.

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

If that's the same dog I saw in the video in 87 when I watched it wile stopping at the lad's house in London that was some animal. 

7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

My memory is normally pretty good for peds but cant quite remember now wasnt he a Two Toes dog or grandson of Two Toes....must admit i thought he was owned by Oddbod who was spoke about earlier in the thread but i could be wrong or he was sold on etc

Dont know the dog myself gnasher but I heard the name mentioned in the breeding of the sire of the bull cross lurcher I have here.

• Like 1

thanks gnasher, although i was never involved in the game i have often admired the animals when in a fit condition, plus i didnt know so much work devotion and cost went into the sport plus the keeper would have to be pretty sharp in knowledge to get the best on a given day.

• Like 1