Just now, gnasher16 said:

Nah too much times gone by she'll know i asked someone ?

Save it and drop it in at dinner some time when she’s forgot, that will restore your credentials mate ? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit stuff like that is fascinating,whenever i hear things like that i think i should do more research in it all.....my mrs keeps asking me stuff,yesterday it was " what do the pearls on the crown signify ".....and all i keep coming out with is " how the f**k should i know " ?......to which i get the inevitable " well you book yourself a proud Englishman " ?

I think theres probably " reason " for near everything we see at these type of ceremonies i agree it would be great to have some knowledgeable soldier type who's on the ball with that sort of thing to hear it from.

Don’t know if you read much but I used to, now I have those audio books mate and listen to them when I go to bed.

One I just know you would love is “A brief History of the Anglo Saxons”

Thats our history from the get go, it’s fantastic.

07740838-5DA3-40FC-AC78-68C843C623CF.jpeg.2061b815ad7d56a77bef8fbc6ad0808b.jpeg

Edited by WILF
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

No it’s not’ Anglo Saxons ruled from around 400 AD to 1066

Previous to that the Romans from 43 AD to around 400 AD

Even further back was the Celts that settled GB 1000 BC and they reigned till when the Romans arrived in 43 AD.

So Anglo Saxon Britain ain’t this Islands get go.

Loads more History pre Anglo Saxon Britain .

it was the start of the english and England as a country in 927 not of Britannia

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, WILF said:

Don’t know if you read much but I used to, now I have those audio books mate and listen to them when I go to bed.

One I just know you would love is “A brief History of the Anglo Saxons”

Thats our history from the get go, it’s fantastic.

07740838-5DA3-40FC-AC78-68C843C623CF.jpeg.2061b815ad7d56a77bef8fbc6ad0808b.jpeg

I should read a lot more than i do but since these audio books have become a thing i give them the occasional whirl on a long drive i,ll try and get hold of that mate thankyou ?

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Even further back was the Celts that settled GB 1000 BC and they reigned till when the Romans arrived in 43 AD.

It’s the get go of England.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Mama's wrong again ???

9 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

There were Celts inhabiting England pre Anglo Saxon and I don’t think Ethelred brought the whole of what we now call England under one banner.

Most of modern England but not all.

You could argue it was the Normans that truly made England and Great Britain as their Nobility conquered from the South Coast and into Scotland.

They were the Castle and Cathederal builders ect.

But our history most def started with the Celts and Britonic tribes that faced the night of Rome and eventually mixed customs and marriage .

This again happened once the Romans left and the Angles - Saxons and Jutes invaded or settled.

And again when the Vikings and Norsemen came ashore ‘ more so once settled under Danelaw.

Then the Normans conquered who also had Viking and Norse blood flowing thru their veins.

we know that but the celts were not inhabiting England because there was no England then and wilf is talking about the English monarchy not the history of britain

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Your ignorance of your history is staggering but not totally unsurprising…..go away and improve your Google skills ?

21 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

There were Celts inhabiting England pre Anglo Saxon and I don’t think Ethelred brought the whole of what we now call England under one banner.

Most of modern England but not all.

You could argue it was the Normans that truly made England and Great Britain as their Nobility conquered from the South Coast and into Scotland.

They were the Castle and Cathederal builders ect.

But our history most def started with the Celts and Britonic tribes that faced the night of Rome and eventually mixed customs and marriage .

This again happened once the Romans left and the Angles - Saxons and Jutes invaded or settled.

And again when the Vikings and Norsemen came ashore ‘ more so once settled under Danelaw.

Then the Normans conquered who also had Viking and Norse blood flowing thru their veins.

England didn’t f***ing exist before Anglo Saxons ! Lol ? 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Did you not once post on here about putting a 3 year old little girl on the game ?

NONCE

Along with your other dubious posts re things sexual your one to watch .

Meet me and say that 

You're the wrong un paying for a wife you ugly f**k 

Edited by keepdiggin
  • Haha 1