• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

If we are going on the “must have known” by association principal you can add every catholic who filed into every church in the world every Sunday to that list….which pretty much makes the whole of the Republic of Ireland guilty of protecting sexual predators !

A ludicrous statement ?……yes, of course it is.

The reason these people get away with such stuff is purely because people don’t know or the situation means people wouldn’t dream of it.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

You in the Que now Mackem.

Apparently they could be stopping the queing sometime on Saturday as it’s expected to grow that big ?

I will be there in the early hours of tomorrow morning mate, I was at Buckingham Palace last weekend and the queues were massive so I had an inkling this weekend will be packed, beating the weekend crowds, plus she is passing very close to here en route to Windsor next week so will see her on the road R. I. P your majesty. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Fast passes for MP’s and their families. There’s them, and then there’s us.

3B30AE06-2B74-43FD-98B7-04F0841878A4.jpeg

It's like that with a lot of things mate - there was that bit in the papers a few months ago about how they have a different number for the tax office.

........ us plebs have to wait ages on the phone, they get straight through to someone. 

It's always them and us.

Just out of interest, can any of the military lads explain why the honour guards carried their weapons pointing backwards ?

I remember Kennedy's funeral, and his horse was in the funeral procession, with Kennedy's boots in the stirrups, pointing backwards.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

If it was the school hols I def  pay a visit myself .

With them just going back I don’t want to loose any school time for my daughter .

Although it would prob be more educational all round ?

Weekend queue times might be a bit much for a child I would think,standing none stop for 10+ hours. 

13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Just out of interest, can any of the military lads explain why the honour guards carried their weapons pointing backwards ?

I remember Kennedy's funeral, and his horse was in the funeral procession, with Kennedy's boots in the stirrups, pointing backwards.

Cheers.

Noticed and wondered that myself 

20 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

It’s a mark of respect thing mate, like flag half mast….that type of thing.

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I understand that, but I was looking for a deeper significance, historical precedence sort of thing ?

Cheers.

Wouldn’t know mate, I would find that interesting to know as well ?