If I had land I’d make it beneficial to me I’d grow as much veg an rear animals for the table that I eat I’d also camp on the land using the 28day rule in the mean time but I’d also put stables on it as it’d be easy to get planning for a concrete pad foundation and because of type of use of building you could get running water an electrical hook up fitted under the planning application of use Id keep it as stables for the time being till the window allows then I’d get planning to convert the stables in to a dwelling to live in as the application of use can be changed ?I’d then convert the stables in to a low cost living dwelling 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought one a few years ago. It was an old dog kennel the keeper used on the grouse moor. Jumped through hoops with planning, managed to get a small extension agreed and now rent it out. 

Don't think the locals would be impressed getting swamped by a horde of inbred ,velocity faced ,shi t talking ,nonce looking oddities that make up the air gunners community ,,every weekend.

The mrs and me went to a place last year up in the mountains….  The shitter was a waste paper basket with a placcy bag full of sawdust ?  Little gas set up for cooking. A

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Real hard to get planning inside the dales mate ?

I was speaking with a surveyor yesterday He recon down our way (Oxford) there just dishing the planning permission out with little to no objections on land if it’s within reason an not completely ridiculous applications. I had a good chat with him about a few things I’ve been thinking about for the future. I understand up the dales it’d be a bit different to get planning 

10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Any thing inside the dales park is a big no no I’m sure, same with north yorks Moor Park that’s another one that’s hard as fcuk, the fields the op described are everywhere up here, usually 4 fields an a stone building, it’s so they could crop rotate an rotate stock every year an a building to store. There’s millions of them up here as ye figured they are almost every 2 fields apart, some in Crackong condition some in ruins an most still standing but in bad news of work, the farms ain’t got money to do them up an use them an won’t get planning for them so they are literally just rotting away, well the woodwork is, then the walls just fall after ?

Problem is down my way land is bloody expensive and any smaller bits of land that comes up is snapped up by businesses almost a mediate because they use it as business expenses either renting it out to farmers or sell on at a later date for profit to development normal people like ourselves will struggle to acquire a small spot of land.

i think it’s crazy all these small barns dotted about all over the country just going to ruin it’s madness 

20 minutes ago, poxon said:

Problem is down my way land is bloody expensive and any smaller bits of land that comes up is snapped up by businesses almost a mediate because they use it as business expenses either renting it out to farmers or sell on at a later date for profit to development normal people like ourselves will struggle to acquire a small spot of land.

i think it’s crazy all these small barns dotted about all over the country just going to ruin it’s madness 

Barns around my way are being snapped up and developed everywhere here with no opposition 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, shaunaltoft said:

4 acres of land with a stone barn (No planning) 8mx8m say...road side,no water or power in the middle of the North York moors(out the way).....Any ideas to make it work/pay 

MX track.

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Samrog said:

MX track.

Struggle with that one ..noise pollution etc,my mate built a few on his farm... council came along told him he could only open it up once a month....then shut him down completely ?

37 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Struggle with that one ..noise pollution etc,my mate built a few on his farm... council came along told him he could only open it up once a month....then shut him down completely ?

Yeah probably right, although he says it’s out the way, never know. 

11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Air-rifle/clay-pigeon shooting at the weekends with catering? 

Don't think the locals would be impressed getting swamped by a horde of inbred ,velocity faced ,shi t talking ,nonce looking oddities that make up the air gunners community ,,every weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
18 minutes ago, mackem said:

Air-rifle/clay-pigeon shooting at the weekends with catering? 

Good idea mackem, the farm down the road from my business has just put planning in for a cafe. But one like wear you can go and take the kids to see some farm animals and bottle feed a lamb type thing. Also some lovely walks around there too. Good idea I think let them diversify and earn a few quid  in these tough times .

Edited by Leo Sayer
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Good idea mackem, the farm down the road from my business has just put planning in for a cafe. But one like wear you can go and take the kids to see some farm animals and bottle feed a lamb type thing. Also some lovely walks around there too. Good idea I think let them diversify and earn a few kid in these tough times . N

A guy I know here does gardening classes and BBQ's during the summer month on his legal weed farm, hash-making classes etc. 

• Like 2