Russia Ukraine WW3

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

They’re just experimenting with drones working together autonomously. Yeah the drones are making their own decisions, albeit in line with their programming.

At the moment drones in combat have to be told to go here and there and what not. What they’re experimenting with is removing the man who tells them that and programming them in such a way that they understand some basic level of mission strategy. If drone X gets killed and it’s role was really important then rather than a man having to decide to redirect another to that role the drones do it themselves. That sort of stuff.

Goodman born.

Do you agree with musk that a.i needs to be regulated asap because its advancing at a serious rate?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

They’re just experimenting with drones working together autonomously. Yeah the drones are making their own decisions, albeit in line with their programming.

At the moment drones in combat have to be told to go here and there and what not. What they’re experimenting with is removing the man who tells them that and programming them in such a way that they understand some basic level of mission strategy. If drone X gets killed and it’s role was really important then rather than a man having to decide to redirect another to that role the drones do it themselves. That sort of stuff.

I like the idea  that you could potentially  send a pack of drones out  say over like a 100 square Mile area  hunting, running on recognition programs,  seeking and destroying tanks ect   using their own initiative ... Next level chit 

Just now, Francie said:

Goodman born.

Do you agree with musk that a.i needs to be regulated asap because its advancing at a serious rate?

It’s quite possibly Pandora’s box. So yeah but I can’t see as its possible to regulate it tbh. The competitive advantages of it are going to be so huge that in a competitive world someone will break the agreement to get the advantage. Basically if you’re not working on it and using it you’ll be beaten by the guys that are. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

I like the idea  that you could potentially  send a pack of drones out  say over like a 100 square Mile area  hunting, running on recognition programs,  seeking and destroying tanks ect   using their own initiative ... Next level chit 

Have a nose around the web about brimstone and spear 3. Or meteor. All British MBDA products.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, kanny said:

This is a promo type thing for brimstone. It was never integrated with apache but demonstrates some of the products functionality. The missiles aren’t networked but when fired in salvos of up to 12 I think, their on board algorithms reduce the likelihood of missiles striking the same target.

Stuff like that and meteor is superior to what the yanks have.

Spear 3 is an evolution of brimstone and will I believe be truly networked for swarming salvos.

What we’re talking about similar sorts of intelligence but in drones. 

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

This is a promo type thing for brimstone. It was never integrated with apache but demonstrates some of the products functionality. The missiles aren’t networked but when fired in salvos of up to 12 I think, their on board algorithms reduce the likelihood of missiles striking the same target.

Stuff like that and meteor is superior to what the yanks have.

Spear 3 is an evolution of brimstone and will I believe be truly networked for swarming salvos.

What we’re talking about similar sorts of intelligence but in drones. 

? I was already watching that video when you posted this ? ...clever stuff 

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

It’s quite possibly Pandora’s box. So yeah but I can’t see as its possible to regulate it tbh. The competitive advantages of it are going to be so huge that in a competitive world someone will break the agreement to get the advantage. Basically if you’re not working on it and using it you’ll be beaten by the guys that are. 

Big question here bit off topic born,but are you for or against transhumsnism,man trying to live forever somehow through a.i?

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Big question here bit off topic born,but are you for or against transhumsnism,man trying to live forever somehow through a.i?

Not really sure what it is. I think there’s a risk that if we don’t merge with ai then we’ll be replaced by it. But I’d rather we stayed in touch with nature rather than completely leave it. So no I don’t think I’d be in favour of transhumanism really.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

In a way , That the conflict has set the scene for the entire worlds military thinking of how to utilise drones . 

Your P45 is on its way Stiff.

The widespread use of drones will  change the ways wars are fought completely. 

Strategic decisions will  be made without considering the loss of servicemen.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

There will always be a need for me in a John Connor type role to fight against skynet 

I love that the MoDs comms satellite network is called Skynet and it even predates the film franchise.

• Like 2
On 28/04/2022 at 02:14, Francie said:

As usual politicians are leading us into ww3,but it won't be there sons an daughters going to die,power hungry physcopaths who don't give two fucks about the people,putin needs to stop immediately an make a deal an Biden needs to meet him in the middle before we end up dead f***ing scumbags the lot of them.

image.jpeg.3adbe3c69bfa71354dbea3f59d29002c.jpeg

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

There will always be a need for me in a John Connor type role to fight against skynet 

Would it be an adequate replacement for me, a sword and a longbow ?…..I think not ! 

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3