do not panic there is no fuel left ffs

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Just dropped my missus at the big, out of town Tesco at Kingston Park, outside Newcastle.

As I drove past the forecourt, the queues were no different to a normal Monday morning so I pulled in, filled up with the cheapest E10 around, £1.33, and drove off.

No queues, no shortage, no drama.

Then I get home and Sky News is telling me that 90% of filling stations are experiencing shortages, there's 3-4 hour queues, fights are breaking out, the government is going to bring the army in........

WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON ?????

Cheers.

Let me think ?????? oh we are being lied to again ,surprise ?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media driven and attracted the same toilet roll bread hoarders who don’t work  while all the nurses doctors home help carers and other services get fkd over by the Twitter wankers 

Zip  

Posted Images

Just dropped my missus at the big, out of town Tesco at Kingston Park, outside Newcastle.

As I drove past the forecourt, the queues were no different to a normal Monday morning so I pulled in, filled up with the cheapest E10 around, £1.33, and drove off.

Then I get home and Sky News is telling me that 90% of filling stations are experiencing shortages, there's 3-4 hour queues, fights are breaking out, the government is going to bring the army in........

Cheers.

Remainer whinging. But thers been a lorry driver shortage fir many yrs 

Panic mentality. A bit of a fuel supply problem due to a shortage of drivers that was exacerbated by panic buying.

Now unfortunately the lack of fuel for lorries may well just exacerbate the general lack of drivers so slow deliveries across the board which in turn will lead to shortages in other areas so leading to more panic buying etc etc.

I was always against Brexit for the very reasons we are seeing but that's beyond the point now. In reality it needn't have been like this if we had negotiated a better withdrawal agreement. One that gave a managed withdrawal allowing time for our businesses to adapt to the change, this is the perfect example in that we knew there would be a driver shortage so needed time to train new drivers, needed incentives for companies to do so etc but did nothing other than bury their heads in the sand.

But this is just one of many cock up unfolding, things like EU companies can import to us without checks etc yet we can't export without them which is leaving us at a massive disadvantage but we cant do anything about it so it goes on and on. cost are increasing across the board, just look at the building industry. 

Another, a lot of the EU countries have a joined up energy purchasing/supply agreement, we were in it, and as part of this they have higher stores and lower costs than we do. We didn't need to leave it we could have continued to be a part of it outside of the EU and benefited from their ability to bulk buy but we left for no apparent reason and so were getting shafted on price.

We can't harvest our crops, drive our buses, deliver our goods etc etc, whilst the rest of Europe carry on regardless with minimal disruption. Alas we knew this would happen, the Government were warned so why didn't they plan ahead within the negations and deal with this before it became a problem? If we had a decently negotiated withdrawal deal we could have manged with minimal chaos but some twits voted in Boris the Clown and his flying circus. 

Basically bankrupt in the short term and bankrupt in the long term and the world laughing at the sick man of Europe as Boris destroys our economy.

• Haha 1

Cheers.

Southern budgies with their histrionics

3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Panic mentality. A bit of a fuel supply problem due to a shortage of drivers that was exacerbated by panic buying.

Now unfortunately the lack of fuel for lorries may well just exacerbate the general lack of drivers so slow deliveries across the board which in turn will lead to shortages in other areas so leading to more panic buying etc etc.

I was always against Brexit for the very reasons we are seeing but that's beyond the point now. In reality it needn't have been like this if we had negotiated a better withdrawal agreement. One that gave a managed withdrawal allowing time for our businesses to adapt to the change, this is the perfect example in that we knew there would be a driver shortage so needed time to train new drivers, needed incentives for companies to do so etc but did nothing other than bury their heads in the sand.

But this is just one of many cock up unfolding, things like EU companies can import to us without checks etc yet we can't export without them which is leaving us at a massive disadvantage but we cant do anything about it so it goes on and on. cost are increasing across the board, just look at the building industry. 

Another, a lot of the EU countries have a joined up energy purchasing/supply agreement, we were in it, and as part of this they have higher stores and lower costs than we do. We didn't need to leave it we could have continued to be a part of it outside of the EU and benefited from their ability to bulk buy but we left for no apparent reason and so were getting shafted on price.

We can't harvest our crops, drive our buses, deliver our goods etc etc, whilst the rest of Europe carry on regardless with minimal disruption. Alas we knew this would happen, the Government were warned so why didn't they plan ahead within the negations and deal with this before it became a problem? If we had a decently negotiated withdrawal deal we could have manged with minimal chaos but some twits voted in Boris the Clown and his flying circus. 

Basically bankrupt in the short term and bankrupt in the long term and the world laughing at the sick man of Europe as Boris destroys our economy.

It was visible the eu Wer never up fir negotiation  so that crippled most things Germany Spain Poland all got hgv shortages by hundreds of thousands and the driver shortages have been around for yrs it’s not a new thing or a result of brexit plenty yrs for folk to get ther shit together except the eu will do all it can in many ways to make things problematic fir UK but now the German elections havnt gone the way the eu would have liked they got plenty more to worry about ?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, sandymere said:

Totally agree. 

Brexit was the first step in a better sustainable future for Britain, but it needs a nationalist government to see that future to fruition. 

But the option really was Labour or Conservative. Let's not pretend that Labour would have done a good job. If we had got Labour we would still be only talking about Brexit and corbyn and abbot would have flooded Britain with even more 'diversity' 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1

If Brexit is to blame, how does that explain that Germany, Poland and other EU countries have a worse HGV driver shortage than the U.K. ?

Countries such as China and Australia are also suffering a shortage of HGV drivers. China cannot get goods to the docks so ships are sitting idle or leaving port half empty.

Of course the Remoaners will blame Brexit, it give them something to hold onto, an excuse to say "i told you so", but if Brexit has any part in this, it's minor compared to drivers being hit by Covid, wether actually getting it or being forced into isolation through being "pinged".

Many drivers who were furloughed, simply didn't go back to driving, finding better paid, less rule based, less stressful jobs.

Cheers.

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Germany Spain Poland all got hgv shortages

But nothing compared to us, they haven't got empty shelves and petrol forecourts, the EU have decent gas supplies and lower prices.

This is very much a self inflicted wound that needn't have been, we're a trading nation that can't trade effectively with either of its major markets in the EU or America but were promised there would be  a oven ready deal for both by Boris and his cronies.

As I said we could have negotiated a stepped withdrawal from the EU to allow a smooth transition. Our economy suffered more than most during Covid due to mismanagement, so although we've had growth in the short term, we had a lot of ground to make up to bring us in line with our European counterparts, and the Brexit shambles just hinders our recovery in the medium and longer turn.

-ZQxyzvk_normal.jpg

Replying to
The same is true in Ireland (with the arguable exception of some food lines disappearing, or appearing very randomly, on M & S shelves here; they still haven't got their deliveries sorted out). No Brexit here either!

83Y9iSub_normal.jpeg

Same here in the Netherlands. No Brexit and no panic buying of anything.

HCyoINPE_normal.jpg

Replying to
I live in France, nope no fuel shortages. Although there is a shortage of drivers across the world, it's not enough to make any sort of dent like it is in the UK. Also, energy prices have only risen by between 5 and 10% overall, nothing like the 70% being reported for the UK.
Edited by sandymere
39 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Wondered how long it would take the rat to come out the sewer, so predictable it’s embarrassing  

F42B7D28-86A8-411F-9F5F-464873915B0E.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Wondered how long it would take the rat to come out the sewer, so predictable it’s embarrassing  

F42B7D28-86A8-411F-9F5F-464873915B0E.png

People are trying to have a grown up discussion so if you want to join perhaps you could attempt to act like a grown up there's a good chap.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't vote in the referendum based on supply chains or labour shortage, If this is the price to pay to get out of Brussels grasp then it's small change, I dare say things will get worse but let's face it remainers forecast the end of the world just holding a referendum, still don't respect the will of the people and democracy, buckle up I'm confident we can pull through, there's nothing to say it's not politically driven as said I think fuel companies should be penalised for lack of investment.

• Like 8