Veiw from your office

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

pir panels what i did me dog run kennel from mate most likely do a few month building coldstores shortly 

Done some huge Coldstores in the past mate, steel, cladding, roofing etc.. plus some supermarkets, mainly tescos... out of the big main builder shit now, not my game anymore...this is a big job but great client, 2 weekly pay, materials when they drop, never feel too exposed... 

Life's a doddle with a cladboy and crane though, you'd be lucky to do 200m2 on this pitch of roof handling them, put on around 700m2 yesterday, if wasn't for the rooflights you'd be looking at 1000 - 1200m2 a day...keeps the boys happy as they all live area!! Lol

• Like 4

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Done some huge Coldstores in the past mate, steel, cladding, roofing etc.. plus some supermarkets, mainly tescos... out of the big main builder shit now, not my game anymore...this is a big job but great client, 2 weekly pay, materials when they drop, never feel too exposed... 

Life's a doddle with a cladboy and crane though, you'd be lucky to do 200m2 on this pitch of roof handling them, put on around 700m2 yesterday, if wasn't for the rooflights you'd be looking at 1000 - 1200m2 a day...keeps the boys happy as they all live area!! Lol

used them were stick to the panel but normally 2 scissor lifts for roof panels and a wheels front on the forklift for big wall panels 

worst bits all the siliconing and tubing off the joints lol

On 01/05/2024 at 18:25, TOMO said:

Greyman????

On 01/05/2024 at 19:06, DIDO.1 said:

Greyman and DC

Room for a few more here  neighbors can be a bit nosey 

C06C077D-6ED8-48FD-B634-55A22EB0B63F.png

71EBBCF9-9216-401A-B652-4FE7A09258A5.jpeg

BAF42D7D-3C58-4486-AE52-E769B174A2E0.jpeg

F1EB2D2C-60F3-4C9A-A646-3275B1D558E4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

A bet when summer months are here it f***ing stinks when you let one go no room to swing a cat. A like them wider one's my pals got one of them. Bruce's chap who owns boat yard made him it near me. Some room in them. The smaller one's are no good I couldn't live in one but each to there own. A keep telling the wife a want to rent one out up Norfolk but she's having none of it. 

24 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

A bet when summer months are here it f***ing stinks when you let one go no room to swing a cat. A like them wider one's my pals got one of them. Bruce's chap who owns boat yard made him it near me. Some room in them. The smaller one's are no good I couldn't live in one but each to there own. A keep telling the wife a want to rent one out up Norfolk but she's having none of it. 

No smells here mate just fresh cut grass or cow shit, I have  around 500 ft sq of floor space which is bigger than some flats loads of room for the two of us and two dogs, my misses was much the same until I finally got her on board one now we have owned a boat for about 15 years and lived aboard the last three just book the holiday and the rest will follow 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Yes mate because I'm a lug digger lol

I know mate, bit of a shit joke...😬😄

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Greyman said:

i can see the appeal of living the way you have chosen to live, it looks a nice way of living, we lived in a american motorhome for six or so years and loved every minute of it, but how do you cope living so close to each other...for me, that would be the biggest draw back, i couldn't live amongst that crowd...

what with you being a real country person and older in life, do you actually enjoy living in a floating city or is it a trade off you have to do for the services for your boat....i have never like having neighbours and the older i get the more i don't want anyone near me....

• Like 4
8 hours ago, tillylamp said:

i can see the appeal of living the way you have chosen to live, it looks a nice way of living, we lived in a american motorhome for six or so years and loved every minute of it, but how do you cope living so close to each other...for me, that would be the biggest draw back, i couldn't live amongst that crowd...

what with you being a real country person and older in life, do you actually enjoy living in a floating city or is it a trade off you have to do for the services for your boat....i have never like having neighbours and the older i get the more i don't want anyone near me....

I stay in the marina as I still work and need a base at the moment, I get what you are saying but at the moment it works we have good neighbours that look out for each other and no bad apples, I,m retiring this year and will be getting a motor home as well so will be away for much of the year in future and it’s quite nice knowing all your stuff is safe and being looked after plus it’s easy enough on the weekend to untie the house and go down stream for a few days of solitude, first barby of the year last night 

79225575-4A06-412D-852F-66E28FF759A9.jpegI

461F0E02-877E-4BA4-A15A-47A8BE089635.jpeg

773F305D-62EC-42AD-92B0-E3DD1E03ADDD.jpeg

E3A52928-4824-4696-8436-FA5A8B9673BD.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

My lads been at Derby academy this morning what a fantastic set up they have 

IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

A very good mate of mine who lives just around the corner from me has his lad there too pal and he says exactly the same! Sounds like a full time job with the places they go with him but get to do some really good behind the scene things at the grounds and meet alot of players. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

A very good mate of mine who lives just around the corner from me has his lad there too pal and he says exactly the same! Sounds like a full time job with the places they go with him but get to do some really good behind the scene things at the grounds and meet alot of players. 

A great experience for them mate,  my lad is out in the garden playing football now he’s obsessed with it in a good way, I was decent played for Leeds school of excellence in the 90s but sadly didn’t make it but according to my dad my son is a lot more gifted then I was so if he knuckles down you never know! 

• Like 4