Veiw from your office

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Birds eye view from last weeks job plus the neighbours we done last year 

should of had a cracking pic of cheviots from above berwick upon tweed looking down over then but was over cast and mist lying when had drone up in morning 

E1C472EC-95E5-486E-A04F-691F0A8730E2.jpeg

7FDE7D0E-09B7-4320-A988-5395472351D2.jpeg

Pictures courtesy of @king

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Pictures courtesy of @king

? fair play to him I’m very conservative with the drone straight up straight down it sat in the box for 18 month after I bought it until the lad that works for me told me he’d be an expert as it’s same as Xbox controller but I tried it the other week to see how high it could go above the town I’m from and I swear I had a sweat on just looking at the screen it was a dot in the sky sit on any roof that’s three storeys clean any gutter at the max height of my ladder but any further than that Id keel over

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, gnipper said:

I've bought myself one to have a play with after watching a few vids on YouTube, seem to give a nice finish on the last trowel from what I've seen but I've not used it yet. Got the babies bedroom to do when I get chance so I'll give it a whirl.

I use it alternately with a metal trowel as the plastic follows the deviations in the wall to much, so lay on with marshaltown flatten over with plastic second coat metal flatten with plastic etc then last few polish’s with the plastic ??

I dug a trench, once. About four foot deep, I'd guess. Three foot wide. God knows how long. Thirty foot or so? It was to underpin the footing, I think, of a golf course club house. I think that's what they said? Mean't nothing to me. I was just there to dig.

And dig we did. Me and Den. He was the ganger on the job. There was some other lad there, when I arrived. I think they pretty much stopped bothering with a third guy, once Den and me got into our thing.

We had such crack, it was a pleasure to come to work each day! I became so handy with the pick, he could nominate a pebble and I'd split it without breaking my rhythm. Could have split an atom with that thing.

Then, I remember, he explained Einsteins Theory of the Infinity of Space to me, in layman's terms. You know; Sort of thing two shirtless guys will discuss, after a week or two's digging, under a sweltering sun. That blew my mind. I had to stop for a minute, to get my head together.

Fukkin' good bloke, Den. We did some more together, after that. Christ, I was fit, back then! :(

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Jacked my job in thursday...gone back on the ground..back in the trenches ?DSC_0853.JPG.d7d044ae4ad4545c33be02c2260ec866.JPGDSC_0853.JPG.d7d044ae4ad4545c33be02c2260ec866.JPGDSC_0846.JPG.2e0ebddf2c0cd2de2a095d6b51988997.JPGDSC_0852.JPG.01ecc97b0fc1084211c846138cf4e9a6.JPG

done the same dc... stepped first foot back on site Tuesday since the first lockdown!

come to conclusion customers are nowt but a pain in the arse... been knee deep in footings throwing blocks about and its a breath of fresh air ?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is that a jackal spade with the insulated handle? Any good? Thinking getting one for ferreting this season as me trusty ole round mouth had lost its wooden t handle ☹️

Them spades are good ive been using them for years but there big… good roll over so it don’t fcuk ya feet but steels a bit soft and dints on rocks 

• Thanks 1