Veiw from your office

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I was in my grannies last week an a guy was out digging to neighbours back garden to get to a drain an I offered him 20 quid for his haha he said no but I had a feel, seem to be built for the job ?

I nicked mine ??

groundwork firms supply them so they just get left all over the spot

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 hour ago, si brown said:

done the same dc... stepped first foot back on site Tuesday since the first lockdown!

come to conclusion customers are nowt but a pain in the arse... been knee deep in footings throwing blocks about and its a breath of fresh air ?

I jacked in june after 12 yrs with the same civils  company,started working for a company doing council/housing association work...jacked that Thursday(most the cnuts needed a social worker ?) ,started with 2 lads I used to work with,only 12 of us in the company..been doing the drainage and kerbs today for a massive crane pad,got 160 ton of tarmac Monday morning ?f***ing loving being back up to my nutts in muck?...working under the machine lights, in the rain all day...feel like I'm 17 again??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I jacked in june after 12 yrs with the same civils  company,started working for a company doing council/housing association work...jacked that Thursday(most the cnuts needed a social worker ?) ,started with 2 lads I used to work with,only 12 of us in the company..been doing the drainage and kerbs today for a massive crane pad,got 160 ton of tarmac Monday morning ?f***ing loving being back up to my nutts in muck?...working under the machine lights, in the rain all day...feel like I'm 17 again??

half a shift yesterday few beers few bifters out till 4 this morning fer a shine...like a hawf shut knife the night

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Is that a jackal spade with the insulated handle? Any good? Thinking getting one for ferreting this season as me trusty ole round mouth had lost its wooden t handle ☹️

They light up if you hit a live service ?They are the bollocks Don..but f***ing heavy if your carrying them around,I use them for digging my dogs too.. I've got 6/7 of them various shape blades and the  matching grafters and bars...not cheap  at 70/80 a piece..

You looked at the Carter's spades,alot lighter ideal for ferretting/moleing..what I use,?Screenshot_20211106-183819.png.d21e33efce29f5d652ac2c80a9cb3028.png

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Not arsed about weight tbh as I drive or quad onto most jobs. I might just get mine fixed or buy another one the same. But I did get one them little tingles I get cos I wierd when j see a decent spade, an I don’t mean Halle Berry ??

I was on a site in Cornwall and a bloke stuck a pick through the power supply to a cow shit power station… he got a fair tingle?

since then I’ve had insulated stuff

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Not arsed about weight tbh as I drive or quad onto most jobs. I might just get mine fixed or buy another one the same. But I did get one them little tingles I get cos I wierd when j see a decent spade, an I don’t mean Halle Berry ??

I can't use another man's...You bed them in,same as a decent trowel?I must have a good 15 maybe more...can't throw them away...I've worn some that thin...they split...then I weld them back up?...lots of folks have told me I'm strange ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I can't use another man's...You bed them in,same as a decent trowel?I must have a good 15 maybe more...can't throw them away...I've worn some that thin...they split...then I weld them back up?...lots of folks have told me I'm strange ?

Back on for same firm I was when I got me last shovel… 3 years forward and I’m 55p down a trench block?after a management shake up!

will still do alright but I’ll be having a new shovel.. if you’ve got a good anvil you can have me old one?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m same now, I usually pimp them I’ll somehow haha the new mole spade I got last year I took a few mil off all round with the grinder at work, tried w mates one day when I went to show him the craic, an his brand new spade was shite, in end I took it away an thinned it out for him ?

?My next door neighbour is a welder...crate of cans,he make me anything...knocking me up some light weight weed rakes so that we can clear the weed on the club's fishing lakes...?

• Like 1