Afghanistan

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

It’s all about the heroin and building new trade routes 

Plus China are getting cosy now mate they border afghan and so does Iran who sell there oil to China and not in dollars pipeline?

libya Iraq Syria and Iran all didn’t sell oil in dollars 

libya now do lol 

Iraq now do lol 

and the us hates Syria and Iran sanctions on them all the time 

On 20/08/2021 at 19:11, Born Hunter said:

A65EEC00-2FC8-4E1F-B6B2-BB592FA1AFFD.jpeg

Why do you think think joe an his cronies pulled out the way they did?

Why not keep the troops there till everyone's out safe?

It's one of the worst exits ever for a president,complete joke.

An that head of the usa army council the general is a waste,hes more concerned about trannys in the CIA.

Edited by Francie
3 minutes ago, Francie said:

Why do you think think joe an his cronies pulled out the way they did?

Why not keep the troops there till everyone's out safe?

It's one of the worst exits ever for a president,complete joke.

An that head of the usa army council the general is a waste,hes more concerned about trannys in the CIA.

I think the situation destabilised much quicker than they expected. The ANA collapsed so quickly. I think the time allocated is still sufficient to get staff and soldiers out but finding all the Afghan interpreters etc probably isn’t considered essential in that equation.

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Plus China are getting cosy now mate they border afghan and so does Iran who sell there oil to China and not in dollars pipeline?

libya Iraq Syria and Iran all didn’t sell oil in dollars 

libya now do lol 

Iraq now do lol 

and the us hates Syria and Iran sanctions on them all the time 

mC, I've noticed a few times you've eluded to what currencies oil is traded in. Can I ask why ?

Now, I'm assuming you're not a Forex expert or commodities trader, and neither am I.

I do understand, however, that the US is the biggest producer and exporter of oil, though it makes little difference to its GDP, and fluctuations in oil production has little effect on the worth of the US dollar, whereas the countries mainly dependent on oil sales can see their currencies fluctuate greatly in the rise and fall of oil production, so it makes sense for the likes of Saudi Arabia and Russia and the U.K. to use " petro dollars".

The currencies of Libya, Iraq, Syria are basket cases....why would anyone sell anything, let alone oil, in their currencies ?

Even a relatively stable country like Saudi experiences big currency fluctuations, in my time there, when I was paid in SAR I saw it fluctuate from four SAR to the pound, to eight SAR to the pound, but it never fluctuated against the US dollar, so I learned, in poker parlance, to "hold 'em or fold 'em" , or open a US dollar account.

I don't know if you think the petro dollar is some sort of conspiracy, but I think it's just common sense.

Cheers.

• Like 3

It's chaotic events like these that get people questioning what's really going on behind the scenes of big Government. 

The stance of 'it all happened so quickly no one seen it coming' doesn't wash in the year 2021. The technology, the surveillance, the countless operations foreign and domestic, the tools available to the superpowers is more than even the hardest skeptic is aware of. 

We can debate endlessly about such events in life but imo there's no point in having an interest in anything unless your trying to come to some logical conclusions about things and the reasons behind them.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

The stance of 'it all happened so quickly no one seen it coming' doesn't wash in the year 2021. The technology, the surveillance, the countless operations foreign and domestic, the tools available to the superpowers is more than even the hardest skeptic is aware of. 

I think that's a fundamental and false assumption. No doubt there will be a pile of SME's come to the fore who predicted this and we'll all be wondering why no one listened to them. But having worked in a few different tech industries and as someone who follows developments in other tech industries, as much as I'm fascinated by technology developments I'm also shocked by the gaping holes that joe bloggs would have just taken as granted.

53 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

mC, I've noticed a few times you've eluded to what currencies oil is traded in. Can I ask why ?

Now, I'm assuming you're not a Forex expert or commodities trader, and neither am I.

I do understand, however, that the US is the biggest producer and exporter of oil, though it makes little difference to its GDP, and fluctuations in oil production has little effect on the worth of the US dollar, whereas the countries mainly dependent on oil sales can see their currencies fluctuate greatly in the rise and fall of oil production, so it makes sense for the likes of Saudi Arabia and Russia and the U.K. to use " petro dollars".

The currencies of Libya, Iraq, Syria are basket cases....why would anyone sell anything, let alone oil, in their currencies ?

Even a relatively stable country like Saudi experiences big currency fluctuations, in my time there, when I was paid in SAR I saw it fluctuate from four SAR to the pound, to eight SAR to the pound, but it never fluctuated against the US dollar, so I learned, in poker parlance, to "hold 'em or fold 'em" , or open a US dollar account.

I don't know if you think the petro dollar is some sort of conspiracy, but I think it's just common sense.

Cheers.

I dont know the ins and outs mate but

There's a reason any country that doesn't sell oil in us dollar has sanctions against them or gets invaded mate 

If they sell in euro or Chinese yuan 

Then country's start investing in them country's instead a the usa 

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I dont know the ins and outs mate but

There's a reason any country that doesn't sell oil in us dollar has sanctions against them or gets invaded mate 

If they sell in euro or Chinese yuan 

Then country's start investing in them country's instead a the usa 

Thanks for the reply.

I see it the other way round, countries are looking at the petro yuan AFTER sanctions have been applied, or threatened, by the US.

The Chinese yuan is probably the only currency in the world that has the possibility of challenging the US dollar, but I can't see it happening as most of the world is very, very, wary of communism and authoritarian governments.

Just my view on it.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Thanks for the reply.

I see it the other way round, countries are looking at the petro yuan AFTER sanctions have been applied, or threatened, by the US.

The Chinese yuan is probably the only currency in the world that has the possibility of challenging the US dollar, but I can't see it happening as most of the world is very, very, wary of communism and authoritarian governments.

Just my view on it.

Cheers.

?

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

image_2021-08-24_164339.png_thumb.png

Going to be hell if the Taliban and other Islamic extremists decide to kick off. Especially seeing as we are shipping thousands of them around the world. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that they will sort of behave in the future though. I reckon they have been promised funding and development by China so they will play the game going forward. They don't want another 20 year war. And it's almost a better victory to just play the peace game and say 'see we didn't want war, it was always the west' 

The scary part is where those weapons will end up and who with. The Taliban, will become the sinn fein of the extremist world, saying the right thing while passing weapons to any enemy of the west. 

All this stuff said and done ...... wouldn’t you f***ing love to be in the taliban right now ? Decades as a donkey rider and now you have a Hummer, Apache attack helicopter, as many guns as you like, enough cash to swim in and all manner of other goodies. They are living their best lives! 

• Haha 1