Afghanistan

Here is a question for the masses (and I’m sure you will tell me you don’t care cos they are all brown, wear towels on their heads and carry bombs) but do you realise that there is a difference between al qaeda and isis or daesh as they are better known. They are two different organisations with different strategies and they don’t entirely agree. The former makes the big head lines but the latter are the scary ones! And the latter were largely created when we arse f****d Iraq and took sadam out (dumb move). 

• Like 1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Here is a question for the masses (and I’m sure you will tell me you don’t care cos they are all brown, wear towels on their heads and carry bombs) but do you realise that there is a difference between al qaeda and isis or daesh as they are better known. They are two different organisations with different strategies and they don’t entirely agree. The former makes the big head lines but the latter are the scary ones! And the latter were largely created when we arse f****d Iraq and took sadam out (dumb move). 

Yeah we get that but they are our enemies regardless. 

Hey, I don't mind that some of these people dislike us, it's understandable.

But at the end of the day it's us and them, you look after your own first and foremost.

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah we get that but they are our enemies regardless. 

Hey, I don't mind that some of these people dislike us, it's understandable.

But at the end of the day it's us and them, you look after your own first and foremost.

It’s kind of important to understand your enemy and also to realise that sometimes you cannot fight everyone you might want to, everywhere you might wish. Sometimes you need to pick your battles and also sometimes you need to work with some folk you might not like. 

And I agree you look after your own. Just so happens though that I don’t feel a lot of folk my colour and race are ‘my own’. 

Same as I wouldn’t piss on a lot of Lurcher lads if they were on fire. We might be similar but we ain’t the same. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

...but do you realise that there is a difference between al qaeda and isis or daesh as they are better known. They are two different organisations with different strategies and they don’t entirely agree. The former makes the big head lines but the latter are the scary ones! And the latter were largely created when we arse f****d Iraq and took sadam out (dumb move). 

I think I'm the only one who's mentioned ISIS. Is that aimed at me? If so, yes I'm well aware there are many different factions and ideologies that are Islamic in nature. 

Just now, Born Hunter said:

I think I'm the only one who's mentioned ISIS. Is that aimed at me? If so, yes I'm well aware there are many different factions and ideologies that are Islamic in nature. 

No mate there’s been chat back and forth on here and often isis and al qaeda get used inter changeably. It wasn’t particularly aimed at anyone. 

Interesting al qaeda see themselves as a force of military super genius aiming at big scale change in the world halting western encroachment and only really want to carry out actions on American or European soil etc. Also don’t really drive for an extremist Islamic nation.

Whereas daesh are all about mass home based change, turning the whole Islamic world into an extremist Islamic state.

The former are a lot lot less harsh on their own peoples and probably far easier for us to live with as long as we leave them alone to an extent. The latter want to make the whole World into some f****d up islamic nation. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Sheepchaser have you offered to home any of these Afghans?

I don’t really have a problem with children and mothers coming over here however they need to be monitored and any ill behaviour will be sent straight back

But, that is the problem. They cannot be sent back. That is why the immigration  / refugee issue has got out of hand. Once they are here it is game over. They are here for ever.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Sheepchaser have you offered to home any of these Afghans?

I don’t really have a problem with children and mothers coming over here however they need to be monitored and any ill behaviour will be sent straight back

I don’t own my own home ? But if some wanted to pitch a ger on some of my land they would be welcome. 

• Haha 1
Just now, SheepChaser said:

No mate there’s been chat back and forth on here and often isis and al qaeda get used inter changeably. It wasn’t particularly aimed at anyone. 

Interesting al qaeda see themselves as a force of military super genius aiming at big scale change in the world halting western encroachment and only really want to carry out actions on American or European soil etc. Also don’t really drive for an extremist Islamic nation.

Whereas daesh are all about mass home based change, turning the whole Islamic world into an extremist Islamic state.

The former are a lot lot less harsh on their own peoples and probably far easier for us to live with as long as we leave them alone to an extent. The latter want to make the whole World into some f****d up islamic nation. 

Fair mate and an important point imo.

I remember when ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh first came on the scene and their MO was considered to be as you describe, brutal ideology but focussed on establishing territory, not attacking the West. For that reason they were considered less of a threat to our homelands than Al-Qaeda. The threat they posed was stability to the region whereas Al-Qaeda, though severely degraded, were still totally focussed on hurting the West to make our involvement in their backyard too painful.

But that changed with the onslaught of IS inspired lone wolf terrorist attacks. They still operate differently to Al-Qaeda, but the threat they pose now I think is similar. Fortunately all players in the Levant, on the many different sides of that mess, have taken the view that IS need exterminating. 

17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

They will all look the same covered in burning phosphorus and there won’t be a damn thing to talk about ;) 

Al Qaeda don't only target the US and Europe.

They have also committed bombing atrocities in;

Tunisia.

Morroco.

Algeria.

Saudi Arabia.

Yemen 

Turkey. 

Kenya.

Tanzania.

Bali.

Indonesia.

Nigeria.

Philipines.

Amongst other countries.

Of course the attrocities in the US and Europe get far more attention and air time, but Al Qaeda are a global terrorist organisation.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Tunisia.

Morroco.

Algeria.

Saudi Arabia.

Yemen 

Turkey. 

Kenya.

Tanzania.

Bali.

Indonesia.

Nigeria.

Philipines.

Amongst other countries.

Of course the attrocities in the US and Europe get far more attention and air time, but Al Qaeda are a global terrorist organisation.

Cheers.

Fuzzy wuzzys can wipe out other fuzzy wuzzys until the cows come home as far as I’m concerned mate, it’s when they step foot in Europe and start wiping out Europeans that they become a problem.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Fuzzy wuzzys can wipe out other fuzzy wuzzys until the cows come home as far as I’m concerned mate, it’s when they step foot in Europe and start wiping out Europeans that they become a problem.

The majority of those attacks were on resorts, hotels, embassies etc frequented by westerners, or on western military targets in those countries.

Cheers,

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Tunisia.

Morroco.

Algeria.

Saudi Arabia.

Yemen 

Turkey. 

Kenya.

Tanzania.

Bali.

Indonesia.

Nigeria.

Philipines.

Amongst other countries.

Cheers.

Aye I’m fairly sure all of those attacks were on military stuff and embassies etc which the would count as ‘American or European soil’. They don’t tend to attack other Muslims for being not Muslim enough and they don’t tend to attack western countries without (in their mind) ‘a reason’. As opposed to isis who basically think we are all evil and need wiping out. 

Basically isis are the Islamic direct action equivalent of wilf. Only with more guns. 

23 minutes ago, WILF said:

They will all look the same covered in burning phosphorus and there won’t be a damn thing to talk about ;) 

Which is another great jingoistic line ? but it’s not quite that simple. For example getting rid of sadam hussein was a direct contributor to the rise of isis. Etc. It pays to understand your enemy to a point.