• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

On my bucket list is a trip to the USA running dogs. Pronghorn antelopes are on my list of species I’d love to see run out there. 

Supposedly the best middle distance runners in the world, read that they evolved to be that way to evade American Cheetahs that are now extinct. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

What's the best dogs you lads have seen run? 

For me probably buddy . 

he was just such a likeable dog to watch as you see how much effort he put in. He would dig deeper than any other dog I’d ever seen before behind a hare. The dog was tough as old boots and was genuinely better the worse the conditions were. 

You just wanted him to catch , as he was a very honest dog . 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

For me probably buddy . 

he was just such a likeable dog to watch as you see how much effort he put in. He would dig deeper than any other dog I’d ever seen before behind a hare. The dog was tough as old boots and was genuinely better the worse the conditions were. 

Buddy as in Craig Nuttall's dog? 

Best I've seen on tape is Lucky, read it didn't produce much but as a runner it looked different gravy, funny old style as well. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

For me probably buddy . 

Did you see him run when j young had him ? 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Did you see him run when j young had him ? 

I used to get all my dogs off John , but don’t see much of him last twenty years or so.  

I remember when he pulled up at mine and that big white idiot got out the back and started setting about my old dog . He was a f***ing bad tempered old dog , but you had to like him how honest he was 

26 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I used to get all my dogs off John , but don’t see much of him last twenty years or so.  

I remember when he pulled up at mine and that big white idiot got out the back and started setting about my old dog . He was a f***ing bad tempered old dog , but you had to like him how honest he was 

Yea I heard he was a nasty dog, Greg used him over indi for his aggression and determination, spoke to John last week sounded rough just getting over covid, hammy seen buddy run a lot with John and used him over that bitch of his called Nancy think she was runner up in forley cup one year

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Best I've seen on tape is Lucky, read it didn't produce much but as a runner it looked different gravy, funny old style as well. 

lucky was bred from cauldfields joe cindy fens was on about earlier was double joe he is  out of swoop merlin x eve 

eve was from prince pure saluki  x gypsey

merlin was fly xtoby fly was from pure saluki bitch to broken coated lurcher and i think toby was bred the same as was wittlesea macs  sal 

gypsey was bred bluexdawn blue was first cross saluki greyhound

prince the pure saluki the pure that blue was from and the pure fly and toby were from were all the same line of saluki 

buddy was foxyxcharlie foxy was  seagull xmd joe  seagull was fredxeve  joe was merlin xlilly eves sister charlie went back to eve and merlins brother rebel 

years of coursing hares still doing it today plengty a different lines but all the same family really 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Same here and you often here the owner on tape referring to herding blood in him even though their was some class hare killing dog's in his pedigree and proven bloodlines their was also a good honest dog with collie blood in him in the make up of this unique dog.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Same here and you often here the owner on tape referring to herding blood in him even though their was some class hare killing dog's in his pedigree and proven bloodlines their was also a good honest dog with collie blood in him in the make up of this unique dog.

i don’t think there was herding dog in his make up mate i think he meant it’s herding that’s how a saluki runs it will get tighter and tighter each bend slows the hare up 

he was an excellent dog but unique ? his style was suppose to be same as his sire cauldfields joe another classy dog who was out of swoop same again classy so not really unique i wouldn’t say butt definitely a quality dog 

• Haha 1