• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4grey-1/4 wheatan, just had a litter sired by a pure deerhound; Two of the pups that have caught my eye; Cheers.

If you're looking to keep the same size and speed, why put anything else, other than another deer/grey into the mix ? Cheers.

Wheaton/bull greys both over 26tts

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Black neck said:

I get an inkling your not a huge fan 

Don’t get me wrong if all I was into was hares I would have one tomorrow but I can’t stand that ignorant thing they do when they take off as if they have seen something,then hype all the other dogs up then stop dead in the middle of the field just to have a look about.Then you are stood 20yrds off the big stuff and the dogs are half a field away because of numpty wanting a gallop.

• Haha 3
44 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Don’t get me wrong if all I was into was hares I would have one tomorrow but I can’t stand that ignorant thing they do when they take off as if they have seen something,then hype all the other dogs up then stop dead in the middle of the field just to have a look about.Then you are stood 20yrds off the big stuff and the dogs are half a field away because of numpty wanting a gallop.

That's when your field craft comes in 

4 hours ago, jcm said:

Seen a saluki xs first hand do fox regular and deer was the thing it seemed to have that extra gear for.

I like a dash of saluki in a dog, can bring alot to the table.

ive a 12 year old dog here ,took a bit of everything,took a variety of big and small..probably one of the better dogs ive had in the time ive kept them,i never put him down as a champion at any one thing but gave a good effort at everything ,hope i can be blessed with something similar in the future 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

ive a 12 year old dog here ,took a bit of everything,took a variety of big and small..probably one of the better dogs ive had in the time ive kept them,i never put him down as a champion at any one thing but gave a good effort at everything ,hope i can be blessed with something similar in the future 

Good old sonic ? he’s retired now I assume mate? 

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

I love not only watching my own dogs run but also my mates dogs especially when seen them from a pup and that saluki xs was up there with the best runners i have seen and i loved watching it run.

In fact the dog I'm onabout refused to run rabbits at about 3 years old.

• Like 1

Sure a few folk will disagree but hey ho. I’ve never seen a good deer hound blooded dog, wasn’t really sure they existed anymore, other than in folks memories of a time gone by. When I say deer hound blooded, I don’t mean a dash way back. 

I’ve not seen a huge number of dogs run, because I don’t like people and in order to see lots of dogs you need to meet and go out with lots of people.

But all of the best deer dogs I’ve seen, have all either been saluki bull greys, bull greys, or bitza Lurchers with a good dose of bull and saluki in them. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Sure a few folk will disagree but hey ho. I’ve never seen a good deer hound blooded dog, wasn’t really sure they existed anymore, other than in folks memories of a time gone by. When I say deer hound blooded, I don’t mean a dash way back. 

I’ve not seen a huge number of dogs run, because I don’t like people and in order to see lots of dogs you need to meet and go out with lots of people.

But all of the best deer dogs I’ve seen, have all either been saluki bull greys, bull greys, or bitza Lurchers with a good dose of bull and saluki in them. 

Youv not lived until you seen a deerhound and red Hart leap off a precipice 2 there doom ,remember it like it were yesterday 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

But it might be you and not other people ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I can definitely relate to that, I hate hunting with other people. Everything they do gives me the shits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2