Need to be quick grab a bargain

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Until the lurcher is ruined as a type as a working animal an people loose interest in of the peddling of them an when no one gives a f**k about them any more as a type the prices will come back down but the fact that most people in the lurcher game an on here are money orientated means we’re f****d! 

You cant really ruin the lurcher d 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's fair enough better a good pet home than some idiot writing it off as a failure by nine month and getting rid.

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how

If I bred a litter of pups I’d rather see one go to an old man to lie in front of a fire than some idiot that’ll feed it shit food, run it on hard ground, shout about how amazing it is then sell it.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, poxon said:

Until the lurcher is ruined as a type as a working animal an people loose interest in of the peddling of them an when no one gives a f**k about them any more as a type the prices will come back down but the fact that most people in the lurcher game an on here are money orientated means we’re f****d! 

Im not iv always been poor so im used to it went though thatcher and now boris the b*****d but ya gota keep smileing and not let the feckers grind you down , real working lurchermen wont touch dogs at that price , anyway its only temporary till the next fashion dog comes along ?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I’ve seen a few good coursing bred dogs but in general I don’t think much to them for hard work, ones that can take stick are few and far between.

Bang on the money 

hard to describe to people who haven’t witnessed it but I know exactly what you mean by it. 

• Like 2
On 16/08/2020 at 20:07, nothernlite said:

2080047641_Screenshot_20200816-182235_SamsungInternet.jpg.88dbd25235da7c29a412dc19d4101684.jpg2080047641_Screenshot_20200816-182235_SamsungInternet.jpg.88dbd25235da7c29a412dc19d4101684.jpgScreenshot_20200816-181642_Messenger.jpg.f11de95236c34424b6bbbc4053312824.jpg

Crazy money for a bedy lurcher, ,folk saying they they not seen lurchers go for this money before not been in the game long ? I remember coursing pups going for 3/4 grand and over a grand to use stud dog yrs ago ? 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Crazy money for a bedy lurcher, ,folk saying they they not seen lurchers go for this money before not been in the game long ? I remember coursing pups going for 3/4 grand and over a grand to use stud dog yrs ago ? 

Been going on for ages, stud fees, pups, comps, dvds. All of a sudden someone charges big money for a beddy cross and moneys ruining dogs

Edited by Shadow100
17 hours ago, poxon said:

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how do you work that one out ? I would imagine that very few to no people on here have ever sold or bought a Lurcher for thousands (unless some extremely sought after coursing dog maybe), I bet nearly everyone on here has got the pups they run either fir free or less than 500 quid. If you want a pet Lurcher, you can walk into any rescue centre in the country and pick one up for very little.

So tell me, how are most people in the Lurcher game and on here money orientated ? Based on a couple daft ads on preloved, by folk who don’t work their Lurchers anyway ? 

The reason our sport is f****d has nothing to do with money and everything to do with the idiots within it, camera phones, big mouths, a stupid ban and a general public who just plain don’t like us and love reporting shit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Right back from as early as I remember a few lads have tried to raise the price of lurchers mainly because their names were commonplace amongst those who spoke loudest .Hancock dogs were vastly inflated for what they were and some cost £500 notes way back in the early nineties yet lads payed without a second thought as it was fashionable .

Why moan about it just stay away from pedlars .Theres still genuine lads selling for minimal cost to cover expenses and plenty of lads gifting to like minded others .Its always been the way ,what you are seeing now is inflation ?built on fashion .

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, darbo said:

Old hancock like him or loathe him never charged £500 for dogs in the early 90s. I had one in 1987 cost £80 had another in 1990 it was £92 .

I dont care for people getting a living from selling dogs but folk knew what they were, and I don't  think  they were ever dear, what you get in coursing game, was mr rich man paying big money for a good dog some lad on minimum wage with three kids and rent to pay,  had brought on and could not afford to turn it down,

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Right back from as early as I remember a few lads have tried to raise the price of lurchers mainly because their names were commonplace amongst those who spoke loudest .Hancock dogs were vastly inflated for what they were and some cost £500 notes way back in the early nineties yet lads payed without a second thought as it was fashionable .

Why moan about it just stay away from pedlars .Theres still genuine lads selling for minimal cost to cover expenses and plenty of lads gifting to like minded others .Its always been the way ,what you are seeing now is inflation ?built on fashion .

Which ones cost 500 notes? I never heard of that before.

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I’d rather be a peddler than a grass. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3