Need to be quick grab a bargain

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how do you work that one out ? I would imagine that very few to no people on here have ever sold or bought a Lurcher for thousands (unless some extremely sought after coursing dog maybe), I bet nearly everyone on here has got the pups they run either fir free or less than 500 quid. If you want a pet Lurcher, you can walk into any rescue centre in the country and pick one up for very little.

So tell me, how are most people in the Lurcher game and on here money orientated ? Based on a couple daft ads on preloved, by folk who don’t work their Lurchers anyway ? 

The reason our sport is f****d has nothing to do with money and everything to do with the idiots within it, camera phones, big mouths, a stupid ban and a general public who just plain don’t like us and love reporting shit.

You make a good point, but make no mistake a lot of the idiots in this sport are driven by greed, they’re fame and money hungry that’s the reason for the facebook groups, coursing dvds etc, all about showing off, making a name for themselves and making money.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's fair enough better a good pet home than some idiot writing it off as a failure by nine month and getting rid.

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how

If I bred a litter of pups I’d rather see one go to an old man to lie in front of a fire than some idiot that’ll feed it shit food, run it on hard ground, shout about how amazing it is then sell it.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

If you lads are encountering peddlers am money orientated lurcher owners then I seriously suggest you close your circles a bit ?

Young dog & puppy I’ve got here never cost me a penny, the lads getting a cocker pup gifted back next summer, only way to be

1 hour ago, darbo said:

Old hancock like him or loathe him never charged £500 for dogs in the early 90s. I had one in 1987 cost £80 had another in 1990 it was £92 .

Think my mate just payed ?270 for one off him well i say him but its his daughter thats run the business for quite a while now ?

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t mind paying but j won’t line the pockets of somebody breeding for cash, but I’ll happily cover the cost of rearing an travelling to get it an even a. Few quid extra for breeders hassle, but I don’t get where all these peddlers are coming from, iv had a few lurchers in me days an the line bred or gen bred ones I had didn’t come with no price tag at all, an never had any breeder breathing down my neck scared incase I bettered his own dogs, in fact I honestly can’t think of anybody I know who has been in that situation, so like I said anybody moaning about these practices must be hanging around the wrong sort ?

I once sold a traveling lad a pup for 150 quid and he sold it at 14 month for 7500 pounds  I was well pleased for him and me. that others thought it worth that.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

You make a good point, but make no mistake a lot of the idiots in this sport are driven by greed, they’re fame and money hungry that’s the reason for the facebook groups, coursing dvds etc, all about showing off, making a name for themselves and making money.

You do know that there is a big big world of running dogs outside of coursing. Coursing, coursing dogs and coursing folk is all you ever talk about. Most folk into running dogs, never been to the fens, never matched a dog etc 

1 hour ago, Shadow100 said:

what is your chosen branch of lurcher work then shadow if you don't mind me asking.

4 minutes ago, two crows said:

what is your chosen branch of lurcher work then shadow if you don't mind me asking.

Theres a self admitted grass actually posting on this thread & I don’t think you’re to be trusted either so I’ll pass on that question

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You do know that there is a big big world of running dogs outside of coursing. Coursing, coursing dogs and coursing folk is all you ever talk about. Most folk into running dogs, never been to the fens, never matched a dog etc 

I know a bit, i do know boys that know you as well so you’re act of being a knowledgeable experienced dog man isn’t fooling anyone

2 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Which ones cost 500 notes? I never heard of that before.

Obviously the ones out of your reach mate .Went to his place few times with a mate and was told that’s how much his quarter bred stuff was .If you missed that boat no worries ,I expect someone will resurrect his lines for the money very soon .?

• Haha 1