Need to be quick grab a bargain

13 minutes ago, two crows said:

fare comment but if someone don't have a go there would be nothing for those who don't breed to run, to many experts that do f kall to improve or add to a line about if you ask me, and its better to create a line, than blunder about, the best livestock of any kind is line bred.

That’s true but a lot of lads that keep a ‘line’ or their own stuff whatever you want to call it, wouldn’t let the pups go to strangers so men that don’t breed couldn’t get them anyway, there’s plenty of lads willing to breed and sell to strangers so there’ll always be enough lurchers to go around. Think I missed the point I was trying to make what I mean is I would rather breed scatterbred best to best, than keep a tight line & breed a poor/untested dog just because of its pedigree

• Like 2

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's fair enough better a good pet home than some idiot writing it off as a failure by nine month and getting rid.

Don’t take this the wrong way and please don’t take offence...... but you don’t half talk some nonsense sometimes. You say that “most people in the Lurcher game and on here are money orientated” - how

If I bred a litter of pups I’d rather see one go to an old man to lie in front of a fire than some idiot that’ll feed it shit food, run it on hard ground, shout about how amazing it is then sell it.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Ha ha if i started to line breed id be well over 100 [BANNED TEXT] it starts to bear fruit ? ? 

there is nothing stopping any one joining into an existing line and contributing to it, but most would rather be negative sadly.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s true but a lot of lads that keep a ‘line’ or their own stuff whatever you want to call it, wouldn’t let the pups go to strangers so men that don’t breed couldn’t get them anyway, there’s plenty of lads willing to breed and sell to strangers so there’ll always be enough lurchers to go around. Think I missed the point I was trying to make what I mean is I would rather breed scatterbred best to best, than keep a tight line & breed a poor/untested dog just because of its pedigree

I’d rather worker to worker scatter breds my self rather than line bred stuff the thing with lines is people breed out of dogs in a line for the blood young rather than working abilities with age an experience on its side you only have to look at some of these people that say about lines they got gt gt gran sir or dam an it’ll only be 4 or 5yrs old 

8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Are the beating aswell as picking up like

yes if needs be, but working a  gang properly in the beating line takes a lot of concentration,  I rather pick up these days, but I don't prat about round the guns I walk miles for the pricked ones and stuff others cant find.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, two crows said:

there is nothing stopping any one joining into an existing line and contributing to it, but most would rather be negative sadly.

Thing with most the people with a line of Lurchers they don’t want people that will contribute to it they seem purest it’s like the colliex fans only want collie the beddy x fans only want beddy bull x want bull etc they fail to see a mix up of different base bloods works wonders in ironing out negatives in the types they certainly wouldn’t want a man combining a line to produce scatter breds that produces better than there line they got going or else it contradicts there line of being any good in the first place if a man can wack two random dogs together an produces better than a line

12 minutes ago, two crows said:

yes if needs be, but working a  gang properly in the beating line takes a lot of concentration,  I rather pick up these days, but I don't prat about round the guns I walk miles for the pricked ones and stuff others cant find.

Fair play 

You always get some norris raving about the retrieve his peg dog done never mind about the half a dozen u pricked what the lads are out looking 4 why ruperts filling his face ? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Thing with most the people with a line of Lurchers they don’t want people that will contribute to it they seem purest it’s like the colliex fans only want collie the beddy x fans only want beddy bull x want bull etc they fail to see a mix up of different base bloods works wonders in ironing out negatives in the types they certainly wouldn’t want a man combining a line to produce scatter breds that produces better than there line they got going or else it contradicts there line of being any good in the first place if a man can wack two random dogs together an produces better than a line

no that's not adding to a line that's messing it up, it wont be a line then they be bitsas, you be going backwards, not saying they would be bad dogs, but not line bred. you can breed good mongrels but the chance of it producing another?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I’d rather worker to worker scatter breds my self rather than line bred stuff the thing with lines is people breed out of dogs in a line for the blood young rather than working abilities with age an experience on its side you only have to look at some of these people that say about lines they got gt gt gran sir or dam an it’ll only be 4 or 5yrs old 

100% right poor/untested dogs getting bred because their gt grandmother was a good one is madness to me but lots do it. I’d imagine the lads that do that probably didn’t do too much with the gt grandmother either if they’re more concerned with pedigrees than grafting talent but that’s another story 

41 minutes ago, two crows said:

no that's not adding to a line that's messing it up, it wont be a line then they be bitsas, you be going backwards, not saying they would be bad dogs, but not line bred. you can breed good mongrels but the chance of it producing another?

you have completely missed the point I was getting at I know what a line is it’s a family of close breds with no contamination of other blood of other crosses only close bred family tree with outcross lines being Bred separated from the main line to be put back in at a later date as the out cross ??Like I’ve said most people with a line don’t want people to contribute unless it’s on there say so most people with a active line are kennel blind as f**k there only breed out there own owned dogs regularly They rarely want or will except other people’s involvement or opinions of the better dog to be put back in to improve there line because there to busy nocking out litters to shout about there line with a following of bum bandits to help bum the line up to help with sales like I’ve said people that guard a line wouldn’t want people combining lines producing scatter breds that are better than there line as that proves the point are there lines really that good to start with or is the gamble with a line or scatter bred the same it’ll either work or it won’t  We’re talking Lurchers here two crows not courseing dogs but look at the lurcher world on here there’s some decent dogs of bitza breeding well a lot of dogs on here are bitza bred taking most things then you have line breds bred for one quarry species. And wasn’t you just on about adding a beddy to your stuff what’s the point in that backwards step wouldn’t be?

I guess it's down to personal preference; I don't need a coursing dog that does 5 from 5, or a dog that's a demon around the nets !

Ive had running dogs for well over 50 years......pures, first crosses, lurcher x lurcher, good and bad, all sorts. 

Some I'll never forget, some better forgotten ! LOL ! 

It all depends on what you do, what you want, and even what's pleasing to the eye !

These days, because of age and the law, I just need something that fills a pot, something I can take a hare or two or a roe with,  and be on and off before it comes on top ! But most of all, something I can enjoy !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I guess it's down to personal preference; I don't need a coursing dog that does 5 from 5, or a dog that's a demon around the nets !

Ive had running dogs for well over 50 years......pures, first crosses, lurcher x lurcher, good and bad, all sorts. 

It all depends on what you do, what you want, and even what's pleasing to the eye !

These days, because of age and the law, I just need something that fills a pot, something I can take a hare or two or a roe with,  and be on and off before it comes on top ! But most of all, something I can enjoy !

Cheers.

That’s it mate a bitza bred dog that can be used for your enjoyment an to fill the pot I’m the same ??

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

But most of all, something I can enjoy !

Spot on it will never be the same as it was 20 years ago laws /development and a load of other things including number of rabbits about  now have changed that but I think with age it's more the hunt and taking  your environment in just enjoying a walk and sights and getting  the pots filled is a bonus

Edited by Blackmag
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

To be fair I think people play down bitza lurchers as if to say “yeah they’re ok for a bit of mooching, pot filling etc”.

Seen some very good ones I’d own in a heartbeat & some line bred I wouldn’t give a fiver for. All about the individual dog even the breeding experts can’t predict what’s coming out when the bitch gets lined

• Like 2

What do people mean by "bitzas" ? Yeah, of course I know, but I just put down a 15 year old bitch which could be called a "bitza" but she was purposely bred; Beddy/grey x deer/grey-whippet/grey. She could take a day time hare, but couldn't be called a hare dog. She could take a roe, but wasn't a deer dog. She couldn't be called an "all rounder" as she would kill a ferret as soon as look at it. She killed a few foxes, but wasn't a fox dog, but, boy, did I have some great days and nights with her !

Bitzas, half crosses, lurchers, whatever.....if your happy with them, who cares ?

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1