Back up at the shoot

13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Lad from last weeks trip to the shoot has just text me asking “ are you out tonight and do I want to go and see if WE can get that fox from last week “ what do you think ? ?

Tell him you’re washing your hair tonight ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Lad from last weeks trip to the shoot has just text me asking “ are you out tonight and do I want to go and see if WE can get that fox from last week “ what do you think ? ?

You would be better sitting in the house and sticking pins in your eyes than going anywhere with that prick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

God loves a tryer.......

Everyone else thinks he's a nob! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well, I went to the shoot last night and took him with me, he didn’t bring his sticks and there was no mention of wanting to shoot, I should of let him because there wasn’t a fox to be seen, just badgers eating my rabbits I’d put down, once the moon came out we headed to the back field of the farm where there’s cover from the moon, gave it half a hour but seen nothing apart from a couple of roe and a young fallow buck

• Like 2

My mate has just taken on a stalking lease in Northumberland from February and hasn't had a chance to get out yet .The forester has been on to him to thin the deer out so he asked me to go with him yesterday , hes blind as a bat and I always guide and spot for him as I have eyes like a sh*t house rat ?

As we drove around the ground I spied 3 roe laid out on the lea side of the wood out of the wind and enjoying the afternoon sunshine. I hatched a plan and we stalked to within eighty yds of them , carefully my mate got up on his sticks and head shot a doe kid ?

We then headed for a bit of a clear fell but on route I spotted 7 roe out along the edge of a strip wood. I hatched another plan and we ended up around 100 yds from them . As we lay watching them I spotted a fox behind them around 250 yds away walking along the top of a wall but no foxes are allowed to be shot on this ground.

After sexing all the deer which was 6 does and a buck kid , the furthest doe out in the field presented itself and was duly dispatched.  The other deer never even flickered and just continued feeding so when another doe presented it was added to the bag too ?

Great afternoon with 20 roe and a fox seen plus a bit happier forester ? Cant wait to get back out there again.

20220320_145207.jpg

20220320_172645.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Sure is Mr S ,HD wraith with a Solaris srx on top .

And no your " foxing friend with the rickety sticks " can't borrow it ???

That’s what I have on the .223, it’s a good NV for the money ?

• Like 1

this deer situation is fully alien to me, just walked me dog and this old lad was at end of my rd, 

his mrs was with him to but out of the frame

IMG_0013.jpeg.fab023e4a59a04d2373f5f7747d9db61.jpeg

I was out rabbiting on an estate bout 20 mile away last night and the keeper offers me full deer access for coming out of my way to shoot the rabbits. 

• Like 7