Back up at the shoot

17 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Maybe I had a bad batch then? Have you had them long or bought recently if you don’t mind me asking? My pal bought a brick of the 42’s at a similar time as me and they were shite as well. I think he said he’d moved onto rws now. I’m on SK’s at the moment and they’re spot on. The old blue box winnies were good though.

I probably bought them just a few months ago ?

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Well it was looking like a boring evening, just had a phone call from a mate telling me there’s rabbits and hares all over the place ? ( farmer’s millions) so a trip out with the HMR is on the cards now, he said he’s sick of chasing people off the front fields so he wants them gone, not sure how I’m going to explain to the hares that they will be ok if they stay on the back fields away from the road ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Well it was looking like a boring evening, just had a phone call from a mate telling me there’s rabbits and hares all over the place ? ( farmer’s millions) so a trip out with the HMR is on the cards now, he said he’s sick of chasing people off the front fields so he wants them gone, not sure how I’m going to explain to the hares that they will be ok if they stay on the back fields away from the road ?

I don't know what it's like round you but it is fairly windy here. I have a canada geese job to sort out and i am going to use the hmr but not in this wind.

1 minute ago, ianm said:

I don't know what it's like round you but it is fairly windy here. I have a canada geese job to sort out and i am going to use the hmr but not in this wind.

Nice and still around these parts, still quite warm, looks like a nice evening for a walk out ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Nice and still around these parts, still quite warm, looks like a nice evening for a walk out ?

I went out at 5:30 am, did my patrol. Watched shelduck and the larks. Photographed a chiffchaff and shot a squirrel.

I went out Friday night also. Cream crackered. 

I'm stopping in now and may get up merely to talk to a jackdaw on my chimney but that's it. Well, might go out Sunday afternoon 

Zzzz 

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1

Well, not a bad walk out, 12 rabbits and 2 hares, I took the hares off the front field as he asked me to do, I counted another 16 around the back of the farm but I don’t like shooting them if they are going to go to waste, I kept 4 of the rabbits for fox bait, the little HMR did the job with the nightsite on ( I know most people don’t like them but it works, I was thinking of getting rid of it and getting a pard but haven’t made my mind up yet) should of had a few more but the moon was a nightmare 

E072E47C-92C9-41C5-B84A-E09EFC2B3325.jpeg

14EB7B13-EA6B-4F85-A6F9-8C2F335103C1.jpeg

• Like 4
10 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

New pard008 coming out with balistic calculator mate 

I’m not made of money, I was thinking second hand 007 ?

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Did well with that horrendous full moon ?Thing is though the to$$ers still know that theres plenty hares there so it wont stop them unfortunately 

When they got the place they got them on the land every week, they have spent a fortune on flood lights, SMS cameras and have put  gates up and a barrier so they can’t pull off the road, he said it’s made a massive difference but you shouldn’t have to spend that sort of money because some tw*t thinks they can just go where they want

• Like 2
On 18/03/2022 at 13:38, Dervburner said:

Are you still on the Winchester’s Mark? The last ones I had were shite...??

I've moved to Norma's the winni not subs had too many crack h.v,s in a box .Only since they went 42g ?

• Like 1