Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Still seeing lots of jays so the endangered woodland birds need protection. 

45A47564-C4CC-4D36-B428-AAD901DB7A7A.jpeg

To right nige… was out this morning with a keeper mate. 

people think we’re all about doing stuff for the hell of it ,couldn’t be further from the truth… this blokes all for the ground nesters and not the game birds..had a mint time mooching about in the sun:)

A36B35A6-53AC-4923-AF5F-2783C49E93CE.jpeg.909a6b0d94af4e502b94e069b16f675b.jpegBF53B25B-E1E6-49C6-A30E-766A4DCCB73D.jpeg.d76987f262d909287f677faab2412c8a.jpeg

• Like 7

Back up the sheep farm on fox patrol, not a fox to be seen, just them black and white foxes so swapped rifles and shot 7 rabbits for 7 shot ( that’s very good for me) took 2 home for baiting up at the shoot ?

0419DBE1-E8D8-43AC-AA3B-775ED1E822CB.jpeg

• Like 8

Talking of price of wheat etc, it's not gonna get any better- we're not going to mow as much silage or hay this year cos price to fertiliser it. Usually around £250/T been quoted almost £1k/T this year!! Cheaper to buy silage in ?

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Talking of price of wheat etc, it's not gonna get any better- we're not going to mow as much silage or hay this year cos price to fertiliser it. Usually around £250/T been quoted almost £1k/T this year!! Cheaper to buy silage in ?

Yerr, it’s going to hit the fan this year.......?

• Sad 2
On 27/03/2022 at 22:30, si brown said:

people think we’re all about doing stuff for the hell of it 

Your spot on mate. I had a disagreement (fucķing nob 'ed) with a bloke in village shop yesterday after he was shouting the odds about farmers "raping the land". 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Yeah lack of nitrogen allegedly so Defra going to let you use manure again and rollocks to the E.u .

Can't get more natural than sugar hotel India tango ,and most farms and politicians have lots ?

Everywhere I go they use chicken shit and slurry, are you saying that they shouldn’t have been doing that?

1 hour ago, ianm said:

Everywhere I go they use chicken shit and slurry, are you saying that they shouldn’t have been doing that?

No the grubament are trying to stop it but no one can afford fertiliser now

Screenshot_20220331-204036_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Your spot on mate. I had a disagreement (fucķing nob 'ed) with a bloke in village shop yesterday after he was shouting the odds about farmers "raping the land". 

Fair play Ben 

should have kicked him in the nuts ,?

very softly of course 

• Haha 1