Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Be grateful you have a job , I cant find anything ?

You wanna start charging landowners for going foxing!! ????

Edited by BenBhoy
Wrong forum!!!
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Sweating today ? just been to zero my .22 and the Hawke scope  eventually after getting my bolt shaved . 50 yds with final shot after tweaking hitting the small black dot ? Just need to see if I can shoot any rabbits now ??

20220318_112120.jpg

Are you still on the Winchester’s Mark? The last ones I had were shite...??

All the feeders and drinkers gathered up, all the rubbish around the pens cleaned away and 32 cartridges picked up on my travels, even though I tell them to take them home with them?seen about 40 pheasants, half a dozen partridges and 7 deer of different makes, spring is definitely here ?

779AADAE-4744-4350-8DFE-7F53A01F19BB.jpeg

523E83B9-641D-42C0-BE24-05FE7222297C.jpeg

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yes mate ?

20220318_151001.jpg

Maybe I had a bad batch then? Have you had them long or bought recently if you don’t mind me asking? My pal bought a brick of the 42’s at a similar time as me and they were shite as well. I think he said he’d moved onto rws now. I’m on SK’s at the moment and they’re spot on. The old blue box winnies were good though.

• Like 1

Seeing as the sun was shining and the Mrs and daughter went out shopping I decided to do a recce on my local ground to see if there was any bucks about. After watching 3 does suddenly a nice clean 6 pointer came trotting towards me , I was lying down in a field and he came within 20 yards of me and then disappeared through the hedge ? I was now losing the light and was heading back to the farm when I checked one last field , Bingo , 3 roe out feeding. I was able to quickly cover the ground and get into position seeing as I had very little light left. Good job I have a swaro scope as don't think I could have taken the shot with a budget scope , I could just about make it out through the swaro. I concentrated hard and heard the resounding thwack of the bullet strike , the doe ran around 40 yds and dropped. It was now dark and it took me about 15 minutes of searching to find it in the grass field , I was just about to give up and go home for the dog when I found it , a huge doe. 

DSC00211.JPG

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Seeing as the sun was shining and the Mrs and daughter went out shopping I decided to do a recce on my local ground to see if there was any bucks about. After watching 3 does suddenly a nice clean 6 pointer came trotting towards me , I was lying down in a field and he came within 20 yards of me and then disappeared through the hedge ? I was now losing the light and was heading back to the farm when I checked one last field , Bingo , 3 roe out feeding. I was able to quickly cover the ground and get into position seeing as I had very little light left. Good job I have a swaro scope as don't think I could have taken the shot with a budget scope , I could just about make it out through the swaro. I concentrated hard and heard the resounding thwack of the bullet strike , the doe ran around 40 yds and dropped. It was now dark and it took me about 15 minutes of searching to find it in the grass field , I was just about to give up and go home for the dog when I found it , a huge doe. 

DSC00211.JPG

She’s a cracker ?