Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Hope the lurcher boys arent reading this ' you will be getting slated. 

They probably wouldn’t believe me, I’ve told 2 people and they have both looked at me as if to say “ your full of sh*t “ . These things always happen when no one is there to see it

• Like 1
Just now, Stavross said:

They probably wouldn’t believe me, I’ve told 2 people and they have both looked at me as if to say “ your full of sh*t “ . These things always happen when no one is there to see it

Shot 2 rabbits with one shot with the. 22 a few times but never 3 ?

A run up to the sheep farm tonight with longshanx, everything is out in the fields now so we set off towards the bottom of the farm, as we reached the fence separating the two fields I looked around with the thermal and noticed a lamb run from the hedge back, followed by a fox, I was up on the sticks but the fox had made it to the top of the hill and although I could see it it wasn’t a safe shot, the fox then disappeared over the brow, we jumped the fence and headed up the field checking with the thermal, expecting to see it at the top, when we got there it was nowhere to be seen until longshanx spotted it along the hedge heading back the way it had came, back up on the sticks it started to make its way across the field, it took a little shout to make it stop and down it went, 135 paces, not a big dog but not something you want in with the lambs

89139AE9-06FE-4CD6-A0F5-670DA65BA261.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1st  chance to get out this week as had a bad cold last 3 days but on the mend ? Checked field at back of farm to see if drilled yet but no 'farmer said next week. 

Nothing about , shot 3 birds for 3 shots ?then checked out small copse and bagged a squizzer.

Picked up a few spent cartridges and am now just sitting in the wood relaxing ?

Anyone know what the small yellow flower is?

20220324_135936.jpg

20220324_142346.jpg

20220324_143401.jpg

20220324_144056.jpg

• Like 5