Back up at the shoot

48 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just added one of Ben's favourites ?Lovely high bird sauntering overhead thought it was safe ?

20220324_151232.jpg

Good man! I spied a pair nest building this morning, moved trap near to tree once they cleared off = 3hrs later one caught & its mate still kicking off in hedges now! 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

6:10am up at the shoot, lovely spring morning, 6 fallow doe’s in the field at the back of the piggeries, if I’d of come the other way round I could of got on them, but they spotted me as soon as I came to the corner of the field and headed back into the piggeries wood

E9127D7B-A56C-485C-AFAF-AB45A909E39B.jpeg

FC49F598-0BCA-4746-90D2-1D1660C5BC4E.jpeg

• Like 4

Well, got on another single doe, needed to move forward a few steps to clear some branches and a bloody pigeon gave me away ☹️ The road noise has started now and everything seems to have headed to the cover, so I think I’ll call it a day ( morning)

1C9CDE0E-44C6-4AB2-BA02-A18BB890C7C8.jpeg

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Man it looks lovely up there ? 

It’s probably my favourite place I’ve got to walk around with a rifle, even though I didn’t get a shot off it was still a pleasure to be there, I really should of been there before first light, but it was a struggle getting up at half 4, never mind half 3, I think I’ll put an afternoon shift in tomorrow, because I’m very tired ? now

• Like 1

Well I was up at 4.30 and on the ground  for 5am. Nice morning and sure I would see something.  As I got to a likely spot a doe was spotted moving hastily towards me but no chance of a shot , couple of minutes later a dog Walker appears who had obviously bumped the deer , this was only 5.30 ?

Anyway continuing on I spied 2 does disappearing into a hedge of holly. I waited until they were out of sight and stalked in along the hedgerow to around 50 yds from them , turned out to be 3 doe followers. I had to wait until one turned broadside which wasnt long and first deer lay on the grass ?

After gralloching and putting her in the roe sack I had a glass about and saw the 6 pointer I saw last week with a doe trotting in earnest heading for a grass field.

I headed in their direction but they weren't there , then a minute later the buck and doe joined by another follower were heading in my direction. They came to within 20 yds from me so I selected the follower who dropped to a neck shot.?

So with 2 followers in the sack I headed back to the farm ? A lovely sunny Spring morning to be out and about.

20220326_062406.jpg

20220326_063617.jpg

20220326_065705.jpg

• Like 8