• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must admit it didnt  look as nice as this when i had but then i did actually drive it !....the only time it ever comes out of his garage are for these poncey vintage car shows he go,s to.  

I probably didnt fully appreciate the history to it at the time i just got caught up in the whole " Englishness " of it....it had been built at the factory in Coventry i forget what its called now and

Nice....the one i posted above is green but for some reason it looks black in the pictures.....as Jags go i think the E Type takes some beating that big old V12 the way it purrs they just ooze charact

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Basically a Ford Mondeo mate 

Thats ok. When kids ask who do you think you are ya flash c**t I can tell them took off it's a Ford.

The car is still nice.

4 minutes ago, sid g said:

that anit to bad then is it ? 

Just means sourcing some parts will be easy enough , I reckon if it's been looked after it'd be worth a punt 

• Like 1

I had a bit of a thing for those good old English motors about 20 years ago after a mate of mine bought himself an E Type Jag.... like a dick i thought id go one better and bought a 1953 Jaguar XK 120 that had been completely restored by a former Jag employee,i thought i was sitting on a little gold mine until one day i decided to actually drive it !!....from then on i literally just had it on loan from the garage now and again ?.....ended up selling it to a friend of mine in Cyprus who has it absolutely perfect now reckons he had it valued at 150 k.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, sid g said:

always had a thing for jags but never had one i won a grand on a lottery card 30 odd year ago it was a toss between my jag and the mrs kitchen the kitchen won ...

Must admit it didnt  look as nice as this when i had but then i did actually drive it !....the only time it ever comes out of his garage are for these poncey vintage car shows he go,s to.

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

That’s a lovely bit of kit that mate.

I had a wild urge to own a jag a few years back simply because I’d never had one, nothing as top end as that XK, so I bought an XJR which are a lot of car for absolutely no money.

White leather interior, the nice wheels and all that old bollocks......brought it home and said to the old woman “I got you a present outside” all pleased as punch with myself.

She took one look and said “white leather interior !......we have 4 kids you idiot!” 

I enjoyed it for a few months anyway. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1