• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must admit it didnt  look as nice as this when i had but then i did actually drive it !....the only time it ever comes out of his garage are for these poncey vintage car shows he go,s to.  

I probably didnt fully appreciate the history to it at the time i just got caught up in the whole " Englishness " of it....it had been built at the factory in Coventry i forget what its called now and

Nice....the one i posted above is green but for some reason it looks black in the pictures.....as Jags go i think the E Type takes some beating that big old V12 the way it purrs they just ooze charact

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

That's what I need in my life, support and encouragement! Not all these negative comments. 

Any chance you can convince the wife? 

No chance - I think that disapproving look is my missus normal face nowadays  :laugh:

You could try telling her how nice the soles of her shoes will look in the wing mirrors of a classic Rolls Royce :yes: :laugh:

• Haha 1

Get her bought.my mates went to birmingham nec car show,anyway them bieng wind up mercants rang me up,(knowing i was thinking bout ordering a new merc pick up) and said the new merc here,looks great,i just put a deposit on one,(fukin fool's).so i replied they are bringing out a bentley pick up in 4 months im going wait to buy that.......phone went dead

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I keep getting a sponsored ad on the page for car guru. These old rollers and bentlys keep catching my eye for under 6 grand. I know its not going to be a reliable, efficient run about. But for a weekend car is it do able, or will it be a money pit? 

We love our weekends away so really it would just be for pretending I'm rich every few weeks when we visit a country hotel. I'll put me tweed jacket on, picnic basket in the back. I might even buy some driving gloves!! 

This year was the year we were getting a caravan. But we don't have anything to tow it yet....reluctant to put a tow bar on the current car as the Mrs hates it. Can you put a tow bar on a roller? ?

Screenshot_20200513_210549_com.android.chrome.jpg

I spent about 2yrs traveling in 1 of them daily on the school run.

Lovely smooth car..

22 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Do ya not fancy rs500 Cossie?

A roller is cheaper. I had an orion Ghia once. Even they can be more expensive than an rr

Edited by DIDO.1
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Fck me which school did you go to? Eaton? 

No mate.i was expelled from normal school.end ended up in 1 of those crazy schools.where all the other crazy kids from 30/40 miles around went.

The taxi company owner had 1 and the son drove it every day.

I was picked up and dropped off daily.

In a silver spirit.the thickness of the front seats was unreal.and the carpet in the back.little lights in the rear pillars.

And self emptying ashtrays.when you closed them.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, king said:

No mate.i was expelled from normal school.end ended up in 1 of those crazy schools.where all the other crazy kids from 30/40 miles around went.

The taxi company owner had 1 and the son drove it every day.

I was picked up and dropped off daily.

In a silver spirit.the thickness of the front seats was unreal.and the carpet in the back.little lights in the rear pillars.

And self emptying ashtrays.when you closed them.

That's quite possibly the deepest comment I have ever read on THL. It's the the mixture of troubled childhood and hot retro interiors 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

That's quite possibly the deepest comment I have ever read on THL. It's the the mixture of troubled childhood and hot retro interiors 

Troubled childhood.

Feck no mate.i was in the roller daily.

I was living the dream ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I keep getting a sponsored ad on the page for car guru. These old rollers and bentlys keep catching my eye for under 6 grand. I know its not going to be a reliable, efficient run about. But for a weekend car is it do able, or will it be a money pit? 

We love our weekends away so really it would just be for pretending I'm rich every few weeks when we visit a country hotel. I'll put me tweed jacket on, picnic basket in the back. I might even buy some driving gloves!! 

This year was the year we were getting a caravan. But we don't have anything to tow it yet....reluctant to put a tow bar on the current car as the Mrs hates it. Can you put a tow bar on a roller? ?

Screenshot_20200513_210549_com.android.chrome.jpg

If you pulled up in that I'd cringe, it's Dave Courtney's old car. 

• Haha 2

Check out the price of a set of discs and pads or a clutch and you will see why no one wants them routine running costs will kill you, only way they are viable is if you rent them out for weddings or chauffeuring people to events and things,  ?

• Like 1