I keep getting a sponsored ad on the page for car guru. These old rollers and bentlys keep catching my eye for under 6 grand. I know its not going to be a reliable, efficient run about. But for a weekend car is it do able, or will it be a money pit? 

We love our weekends away so really it would just be for pretending I'm rich every few weeks when we visit a country hotel. I'll put me tweed jacket on, picnic basket in the back. I might even buy some driving gloves!! 

This year was the year we were getting a caravan. But we don't have anything to tow it yet....reluctant to put a tow bar on the current car as the Mrs hates it. Can you put a tow bar on a roller? ?

Screenshot_20200513_210549_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must admit it didnt  look as nice as this when i had but then i did actually drive it !....the only time it ever comes out of his garage are for these poncey vintage car shows he go,s to.  

I probably didnt fully appreciate the history to it at the time i just got caught up in the whole " Englishness " of it....it had been built at the factory in Coventry i forget what its called now and

Nice....the one i posted above is green but for some reason it looks black in the pictures.....as Jags go i think the E Type takes some beating that big old V12 the way it purrs they just ooze charact

Posted Images

Owner of the local skip company back home had a rolls with a skip on the roof ... Would of been better in the skip if you ask me 

10 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yes, it'll definitely be a money pit but, can you just imagine taking that out for a leisurely spin on the weekend - a nice old Roller B)

Remember  - you only live once :thumbs:

That's what I need in my life, support and encouragement! Not all these negative comments. 

Any chance you can convince the wife? 

• Haha 2