• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must admit it didnt  look as nice as this when i had but then i did actually drive it !....the only time it ever comes out of his garage are for these poncey vintage car shows he go,s to.  

I probably didnt fully appreciate the history to it at the time i just got caught up in the whole " Englishness " of it....it had been built at the factory in Coventry i forget what its called now and

Nice....the one i posted above is green but for some reason it looks black in the pictures.....as Jags go i think the E Type takes some beating that big old V12 the way it purrs they just ooze charact

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Oh well we are poles apart there then mate ive never fancied any of the German cars the ol woman had a nippy little one a few years ago but even the amg,s just dont appeal to me at all im not snobby when it comes to cars at all but i do like a car to have some character about it i suppose it stems from when you are young we always want something we cant have ? then eventually i was lucky enough to be shown round the Maranello Factory in Italy and i just fell in love....everything from the smell of the interiors,the sound of the exhaust note.....the only trouble was i was too f****n big and fat to fit in them so opted for the nearest thing i always describe them as a gentlemans boy racer but theres nothing comes close for me....the pal of mine with the Jag has a brilliant collection of motors but he doesnt drive them,to people like that its all about the key fob and having a nice ornament to impress whereas for me its all about the driving experience i want to abuse cars and get the full adventure of its capabilities not sit polishing them they are a hobby not an investment.

Them old jags are wonderfull,a mate has a d,type jag i think,its green with that fin behind your seat,wierd looking thing.signed by sterling moss.a race equipped one.sounds like bloody spitfire

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Oh well we are poles apart there then mate ive never fancied any of the German cars the ol woman had a nippy little one a few years ago but even the amg,s just dont appeal to me at all im not snobby when it comes to cars at all but i do like a car to have some character about it i suppose it stems from when you are young we always want something we cant have ? then eventually i was lucky enough to be shown round the Maranello Factory in Italy and i just fell in love....everything from the smell of the interiors,the sound of the exhaust note.....the only trouble was i was too f****n big and fat to fit in them so opted for the nearest thing i always describe them as a gentlemans boy racer but theres nothing comes close for me....the pal of mine with the Jag has a brilliant collection of motors but he doesnt drive them,to people like that its all about the key fob and having a nice ornament to impress whereas for me its all about the driving experience i want to abuse cars and get the full adventure of its capabilities not sit polishing them they are a hobby not an investment.

Me and my pal always say German cars want to keep you alive and Italian cars want to kill you ! Haha 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Them old jags are wonderfull,a mate has a d,type jag i think,its green with that fin behind your seat,wierd looking thing.signed by sterling moss.a race equipped one.sounds like bloody spitfire

Nice....the one i posted above is green but for some reason it looks black in the pictures.....as Jags go i think the E Type takes some beating that big old V12 the way it purrs they just ooze character for me....im a bit peculiar with cars though it has to sound sexy ?....refined not crude,cultured not flashy...not loud and aggressive but just there....even on tickover you listen and you just know its there ....i better stop im getting a hard on here ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like a motor (or anything really) to be of it’s time, I am not mechanical minded at all so for me it’s all about design and details.

Probably way I am a big fan of 50s, 60s and 70s classics, be that furniture or cars or anything 

A time when things were designed, built and made with a bit of love and pride and just for the shear hell of it.....love all that.

??yup exactly,can beat the v8,v12 rumble,give it a little tickle at the lights and the whole car rolls side to side.i had a range rover classic,(one with the single round headlights.)farmer green,nothing special to look at,but had a race tuned tvr 4000cc lump,straight threw twin pipes.sounded like a tsunami,fukin peoples faces at the traffic lights.??

It's the V8 sound that does it for me. Even the Stag, although it was a shit engine, sounded gorgeous under throttle especially uphill. The plume of white smoke in the mirror wasn't always a welcome sight though. ?

30 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

In kent but have raced at horley,arena,throwley,Norfolk

Never been to them , I only raced Buxton , but went down to Coventry and hednesford raceway as mechanic for my mate 

Went to this a few years back now and was stood just to the left of the camera man and the crash at 7 55 how the feck he climbed out in one lump i don't know, but better to go out in a blaze of glory than rot in the scrap yard of life eh...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, fireman said:

Went to this a few years back now and was stood just to the left of the camera man and the crash at 7 55 how the feck he climbed out in one lump i don't know, but better to go out in a blaze of glory than rot in the scrap yard of life eh...

Great clip.i still have dreams about the racing days.i cant describe the feeling of bieng out on the bangers.more addictive than minge

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

It's the V8 sound that does it for me. Even the Stag, although it was a shit engine, sounded gorgeous under throttle especially uphill. The plume of white smoke in the mirror wasn't always a welcome sight though. ?

The chap i know with the Jag also has an Ac Cobra that had the Rover V8 engine and it was terrible,lumpy and not particularly responsive,nothing mechanically wrong with it apparently the chassis of some of these kit cars cant cope with big weighty engines but as he said you cant have a 2.0l Pinto in an Ac Cobra .....so he had a Ford V8 put in it like what the Mustangs have and its spot on now,pulls like a train,sounds beautiful.....i liked them Stags though didnt they have the same V8 that the TR7 had they were good little cars in their day as well.

2 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

??yup exactly,can beat the v8,v12 rumble,give it a little tickle at the lights and the whole car rolls side to side.i had a range rover classic,(one with the single round headlights.)farmer green,nothing special to look at,but had a race tuned tvr 4000cc lump,straight threw twin pipes.sounded like a tsunami,fukin peoples faces at the traffic lights.??

Id not had a Range Rover for years the last one i had was the same as yours single headlight job,must of been about a Y reg had them big window winders that took up half the door panel and looked like half the rear bumper was missing ?...then last year thought id treat myself to one of these SVR's......barely driven it for 2 hours when some little f****r reversed into me....poxy thing come apart like a dry biscuit !

• Like 1