Rip love island

For them that can and have recovered and also the ones that can't and take there own lives all have balls imo, like I say for some there could really have been no way out some people just aren't meant to grow old I guess, I do feel sorry tho for them that have done it for the wrong reasons and could have recovered, it must be absolutely horrible if someone changes there mind at the last second but it's to late but as others have said for some a lot of thought has gone into it..

As iv said I can understand why some have done it but I find it difficult to understand people doing it when they have kids unless they've lost them.

• Like 1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands a

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out bu

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Nah....killing yourself ain't an excuse for not facing the world, I just cant see it...there must be a huge trigger in your brain that goes from.depressed to suicidal...

I get the whole depression thing for obvious reasons me being one and my daughter being the other!

but to plant all what this topic is about to being depression is bs... if you want to go on tv and chase the fame dream dont come back moaning when it all goes tits up!

there are many people out there who deal with it day in day out and you wouldn't have a clue, hence the I cant believe me mates topped him self!

this is a typical for every action is a reaction...  put your self in the firing line then your gonna get shot at

• Like 2

I think we've probably all had moments in our life when things are really bad and you feel like suicide is an option but in reality it's a flashing thought not a serious consideration.

For the ones that follow it through, especially the meticulously planned ones, it's more devastating for the people who are left behind. It must f**k them over real bad.

Can understand some, ie paedos, mass murderers, even old couples who have had to deal with death of their life long partner but for young people or people with debts etc etc can it really be that bad?

As an aside we bought our house off the widow of a guy who hung his self because she was having an affair. Got £5k off the price. 

Cheers, D.

A mate who was the life & soul of the party always cracking jokes & larking around great fun to be with. Never drank alcohol or ever did drugs. Put a tube from his exhaust into his car & gassed himself. Police & forensics reckon he set everything up the night before he did it. He went round the town pubs larking about &saying cheerio to everyone as he left Then went & did the sad deed. They found an Unopened bottle of vodka on seat nxt to him. No history of depression. Rip bud. Atb

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, si brown said:

I get the whole depression thing for obvious reasons me being one and my daughter being the other!

but to plant all what this topic is about to being depression is bs... if you want to go on tv and chase the fame dream dont come back moaning when it all goes tits up!

there are many people out there who deal with it day in day out and you wouldn't have a clue, hence the I cant believe me mates topped him self!

this is a typical for every action is a reaction...  put your self in the firing line then your gonna get shot at

That's my point I.suppose mate, I have been.around severe depression, seen.it first hand from.a very young age right into.adulthood... but I'm.lucky I dont get.that way, we all.get stressed but depression is a different thing... and as you say can be well.hidden most of the time.. I hope you and your daughter are getting better mate.

But to take your own.life there must be a trigger which is beyond depression...the decision is so huge where could your mind be?

It's not about fame or public exposure, imo, although this must be part of the trigger in this instance, but anyone could have that breaking point as proven by the amount affected even on this thread!!

I just find it sad when someone feels there is no other option...

• Like 1

Its one of those things you never see coming into your life,always some one else.i have been in this position with a very,very close family member,it cut me into two,still cant really come to terms with it.and i cant/dont want talk to any one about it,even someone at work asks,ill skirt round it.even clumped a nosey fella asking to many questions in the pub.depression can really screw poeple up,

Edited by Qbgrey
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Good enough for her. Lunatic . 

Doing your other half over the head with a lamp when they are asleep marks you down as a scumbag in my eyes regardless of your sex. 

Didnt fancy facing the consequences either and spent valentines alone. “All too much, mental health “ boo f***ing whoo 

face up , man up and move on. There’s so many people who want to live .  

That’s a pretty spiteful post about someone’s, daughter, sister etc. What was she to you that you’d post that? I know nothing about the girl but seen earlier that her boyfriend (who she’s alleged to have attacked) is heartbroken by her death. Seems strange that he could forgive her, but you couldn’t.

• Like 5

Dont know a thing about the girl but does seem a terrible waste of a healthy young womans life.

I think all this social media/reality telly/instant fame has a lot to answer for....some folk are just not cut out for certain lifestyles.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, king said:

the most fearless lad i ever knew and the hardest lad i will ever know. hung himself from a door handle threw the rope over the top and lifted and held his legs up.age 27.

you wouldn't in a million years think he would of done that..

but once that switch flips in the head.feck knows what happens...

Jesus. 

Sorry you lost your friend and forgive me if my questions below come across wrong but... 

He held his legs up meaning he could have put his feet down and survived? 

That is an unbelievable effort to make to kill yourself, you would have thought some sort of survival instinct would kick in. 

I can't begin to imagine the mental state of a person that would be able to do that. Terribly sad. 

Just now, BGA said:

Jesus. 

Sorry you lost your friend and forgive me if my questions below come across wrong but... 

That is an unbelievable effort to make to kill yourself, you would have thought some sort of survival instinct would kick in. 

I can't begin to imagine the mental state of a person that would be able to do that. Terribly sad. 

Its funny you say that as i noted exactly the same thing when i read that post.....i remember reading somewhere that its almost impossible to commit suicide by drowning in water you can stand in or hanging yourself when you can stand as your instinctive survival reactions just take over.

Got a prison in village here, few locals work their and get in pub, told of some poor sod tied a blanket together then looped it round a rad pipe then proceeded to lay on floor with blanket round neck then rolled on floor to tighten.

Drugs were to blame apparently

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

2 young lads that my daughter knew did the same from a rail in a wardrobe === i thought it was impossible an old mate of mine jumped out of a tree with a dog lead round his neck fook goes through your mind when your climbing that tree .. 

That's the thing we will never understand mate..how you must feel when you make that decision.... we have an inbuilt survival instinct, self preservation etc... it's been there since we lived in caves... so how and why for some people is the switch is reversed?

I think all these simple, cant handle fame, media exposure etc is too simplified, I do think drink and drugs in some instance is a reason, but not the only one... but in the main it's a mystery to all of us and a bit ignorant to say it's a selfish act or an easy way out... I'd imagine that couldn't be further from the truth...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

mate had just come out of prison and his mrs wanted to leave him ..:doh:

My mates mum was similar, father having an affair, so she hung herself..

But this happens thousands of times up.and down the country, only a handful cant think of any other way to cope, it must be some imbalance in the brain?

47 minutes ago, BGA said:

Jesus. 

I’ve known a few done it like that once you’ve tucked your legs up behind you, your body leans forward and and you can’t get your legs back down