Is this a thing of the past working dogs at working mans prices

Why do you reckon a spaniel pup is worth more than a decent lurcher? Unlucky with the cesarian, but that could happen with any dog. Ok docking is an extra cost, but it doesn't cost more to rear a spaniel pup than a lurcher.

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s still decent enough lads out there. The people who breed for money will keep breeding because people keep buying the pups. I would never expect a pup for nothing but wouldn’t expect to be ripp

A good working home is worth more than any money 

I remember when the going price was 20-25 quid,sign of the times and inflation.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Why do you reckon a spaniel pup is worth more than a decent lurcher? Unlucky with the cesarian, but that could happen with any dog. Ok docking is an extra cost, but it doesn't cost more to rear a spaniel pup than a lurcher.

it is not worth more but to be fair if you want a cheep pup rear your own I want mine and two or three mates get theirs at fair money but I am not working for nothing so why should you give a pup away cheep I have done it all before and you get shit on. just edited to say if you want a gun or a bag of golf clubs you got to pay or you cant play simple.

Edited by two crows

It's not the price that's a issue it's finding decent homes because I know some with plenty of coin I won't give a pot dog to never mind something I had bred not that I have  anything worth breeding from when I did after talking to a good few that rung  about pups I realised my biggest job was finding the right homes  some clowns  out there the biggest dreamers were from normally the bull x  lads and any bitch that there owner wanted to use my dog on I would have to have seen a few times if not it didn't happen 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1

Sold a litter of spaniels a few years ago. One was left so I gifted it to a man out of goodness whose son was starting to shoot. Got a phone call after from batterseas that the dogs chip showed up roaming a housing estate in London. That dog was gifted in midlands in Ireland and ended up over there.Scumbags will be scum whether they pay or not.

• Like 1

you pays your money and takes your chances 

a lot of arseholes pay big to get bragging rights over a pup they buy 

But if you don't pay big you put your name on a list wait a few years and be prepared to travel to the moon and back to get a  pup you hope will turn out good 

which is the worst ?.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Sold a litter of spaniels a few years ago. One was left so I gifted it to a man out of goodness whose son was starting to shoot. Got a phone call after from batterseas that the dogs chip showed up roaming a housing estate in London. That dog was gifted in midlands in Ireland and ended up over there.Scumbags will be scum whether they pay or not.

did that and I knew the dog from the description I rang the bloke I let have it cheep and he sold it on and did not even know who to and chip still in my name.

Worst thing about gifting pups out in this game is judging who your gifting the pups to if like me you ain’t got a large circle of who you wish to associate with in this game it becomes difficult judging character who your gifting to ive had good an bad on both sides gifted An sold pups but the bad as out weighted the good in my view of people wanting pups from me there’s a lot of dick heads out there it’s changed my view big time on future plans on pushing forward of the type of dog I want to keep going with. Hard decisions will be made if I breed my replacements in future I’ll gift a few out to decent lads/lasses I’m not in to Lurchers for money I’m no money man my view is if Lurchers become about financial gain it’s game over for what your trying to achieve  as money becomes be all end all of it 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, poxon said:

Worst thing about gifting pups out in this game is judging who your gifting the pups to if like me you ain’t got a large circle of who you wish to associate with in this game it becomes difficult judging character who your gifting to ive had good an bad on both sides gifted An sold pups but the bad as out weighted the good in my view of people wanting pups from me there’s a lot of dick heads out there it’s changed my view big time on future plans on pushing forward of the type of dog I want to keep going with. Hard decisions will be made if I breed my replacements in future I’ll gift a few out to decent lads/lasses I’m not in to Lurchers for money I’m no money man my view is if Lurchers become about financial gain it’s game over for what your trying to achieve  as money becomes be all end all of it 

Peddling b*****ds 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

What’s your views on breeding black neck would you breed for your needs and how would you go about things?

I doubt I would breed a litter D had a go few year ago bitch had to have cesarean lost the 5 pups and almost lost the bitch put us off tbf and atm the dogs i have got faults I wunt breed from then you got find homes for spare pups deal with mouth breathers, right game 

No problem wi folk selling pups that they bred from workers and sell spare pups for a little profit it's the constant churning out and peddling what gets up ya 

• Like 3