Is this a thing of the past working dogs at working mans prices

51 minutes ago, poxon said:

The bedlington whippet game cracks me up people paying up to £500 for a bedlington whippet it’s a lost cause most are bred from not even average dogs for money it’s not good when people are coming in to the working dog game they ask for advice on a good dog to get because there new to the game every one says get a beddy whippet then later on once the dogs due to be started it’s found wanting in nearly all directions bar a bit of light rabbit work don’t get me wrong I love the look of a bedlington whippet I’ve been round quite a few there definitely not what they used to be!

the picture below is of my old retired f1 bitch 13 now never been a good lamp dog was a average ferreting bitch an busher 

tbh I’d not own another bedlington whippet if it was given to me although I love this little dog there gamble bred couldn’t see me with another 

E5DA7637-8AEE-4060-8F2B-639F751A9BFE.jpeg

my type of dog lovely looking bitch. I agree with you on the shit being bred. I don't think people are disappointed with them. I would say 80% of people who are paying £400+ for pups only want them for pets and don't expect anything else. I believe anyone with anything about them who wants a working one knows what to look for and will search through the shit for a good one. 

• Like 3

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s still decent enough lads out there. The people who breed for money will keep breeding because people keep buying the pups. I would never expect a pup for nothing but wouldn’t expect to be ripp

A good working home is worth more than any money 

I remember when the going price was 20-25 quid,sign of the times and inflation.

Posted Images

Here he is the scar on his left thigh is what ended his career basically before it begun . Then add to it a missed heart problem diagnosed approx 2 years later and that was that . Picture is in France were we come every year and picture was from earlier this week . I have learned my lesson and pups from now on .as for price if you factor in over an 8 week period £250 to  £350 is about right . As for lurcher rescue greyhound rescue centres for a dog I would avoid like the plague found out when I went to enquire about a lurcher it's easier to adopt a baby and a lot less hassle free as my dog came from a dog pound they was just glad to see the back of it as I think they only keep them so long never mind they keep them forever they don't.  

20190420_113154.jpg

Edited by abrasivewheel
Mistake between left and right leg

i was looking at cockers on line and found a chap advertising stud dogs, he had quite a number but what I did not like was that one dog, he had bought in as an 8 week old pup in 2017, the dog is only two and he knew what colours it threw so it been used already, all the dogs were 400 stud fee witch int bad but 2 year old dogs at stud is a joke in my eyes, you would not use a lurcher till he proven work wise 4 /5 seasons spaniels same, that's money grabbing.

26 minutes ago, two crows said:

i was looking at cockers on line and found a chap advertising stud dogs, he had quite a number but what I did not like was that one dog, he had bought in as an 8 week old pup in 2017, the dog is only two and he knew what colours it threw so it been used already, all the dogs were 400 stud fee witch int bad but 2 year old dogs at stud is a joke in my eyes, you would not use a lurcher till he proven work wise 4 /5 seasons spaniels same, that's money grabbing.

Usually working dog people like u say wait till that age than u know if the dogs worthy off a line but on the other hand  u hear off you bitchs  been mothers 

3 minutes ago, Chaseorbechased said:

Usually working dog people like u say wait till that age than u know if the dogs worthy off a line but on the other hand  u hear off you bitchs  been mothers 

that's why there is so much average to poor stuff about people got no patience.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, two crows said:

that's why there is so much average to poor stuff about people got no patience.

Al be honest had running dogs 20 years give or take never breed cos in my eyes went good enough the catch stuff dint get me wrong but it how the deal with after the catch what a care about and av only seen a hand few that's worthy off a line nd sadly there where never mine 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Chaseorbechased said:

Al be honest had running dogs 20 years give or take never breed cos in my eyes went good enough the catch stuff dint get me wrong but it how the deal with after the catch what a care about and av only seen a hand few that's worthy off a line nd sadly there where never mine 

best way, there are plenty that bread litters from average bitches with faults, and try to correct them by using a certain dog, when the bitch just weren't good enough to bother with.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, two crows said:

best way, there are plenty that bread litters from average bitches with faults, and try to correct them by using a certain dog, when the bitch just weren't good enough to bother with.

A 2 year old dog will show good keenness on a quarry cum when that dogs 4 it show it's TRUE colours  then u really know 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chaseorbechased said:

What do you mean, how they deal with after the catch?