Minshaw dogs

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The lads involved weren’t like that at all ... 

the idea of some of those people being in it to make money from pups has actually made me laugh out loud ...

I think “nothing special” is a bit rich as some of the lads were hard at it and had the pics to prove it . 

Mate there no different from dogs today there nothing special there just Lurchers there not a breed in there own right they were just a mongrely bred type they were just dogs that happened to be in working hands at a time That talked to much when quarry was plentiful nothing more there was nothing special about them that makes them any different in modern times  

mate there just mongrely breds nothing special that makes them or the owners better than any one else there’s no need to get all upset no one gives a shit about the minshaw peddling racket any more or they would still be here today without a load of bull blood added to prep them up 

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not having a dig at you mate,  but have you, or anyone you know, got a written pedigree of a minshaw lurcher you/they could put up on here? 

Someone put one up a couple of years ago

Why would I keep pedigrees of other men’s dogs that have been dead twenty years ? 

2 hours ago, bird said:

far point that above, dont know about hares , alot of butchers  will take fresh un marked rabbits , and alot like a ticket for there deer = gun , its got harder to sell game today from running dog, times are changing  now, 70s-80s was great time to work a running dog deff .

If you can find a raw dog food supplier they will take all game marked or not. 

14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

To be honest, I'm not really interested in minshaw lurchers at all, but I'll read practically anything to do with running dogs. 

Don't really get how anyone can say that the sort of dog they breed is 'their own' type of lurcher. If you ask me, there's no such thing as a 'minshaw' lurcher. They were, as far as I've read, a mix of all sorts of crosses, in effect just mongrel lurchers. Same as these coursing bred types. Useful dog bred to useful dog. Trying to read some of those wrongly written, question marks in place of a name etc, pedigrees is laughable

You want a poxshaw shark ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate there no different from dogs today there nothing special there just Lurchers there not a breed in there own right they were just a mongrely bred type they were just dogs that happened to be in working hands at a time That talked to much when quarry was plentiful nothing more there was nothing special about them that makes them any different in modern times  

mate there just mongrely breds nothing special that makes them or the owners better than any one else there’s no need to get all upset no one gives a shit about the minshaw peddling racket any more or they would still be here today without a load of bull blood added to prep them up 

One 

I don’t know anyone who put bull blood into them

two 

I don’t know anyone who pedalled them 

three 

if anything the people who are bothered most are those who think it’s better to run them down. 

Im not going to say my court point as it’s too childish and I don’t want to repeat it , but I’ll realign it. 

If what they excelled at was so easy to do , why don’t we see pics upon pics of albums full of rabbits , hares and deer taken in large quantities on the lamp REGULAR by beddy types ,gsd crosses , deerhounds , or any other strain. 

Im sure there are lads who do a bit there but I’d Be interested in why no one else seems to have the history or the pics to back it like some of those dogs ....

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Totally agree bosun lad about the waves ....

the lamping type had a look all of it’s own ....I believe that the newer stuff from about 96 onwards was more day based , I may have had a couple myself ! 

The only connection really was the man that bred them and by the millennium he didn’t even have anything to do with it ...he’d moved onto coursing stuff. 

But there was no doubt dogs like blue , Rambo , nigger , oboe , tartan , Andys stuff , red, Chester , sorrell we’re tested hard in that game and we’re seldom found wanting. 

To think people worry about what line from thirty years ago their coursing dog is and are quick to brush over what those lads had as “their was more game then “ is quite a statement in my eyes.   

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Why would I keep pedigrees of other men’s dogs that have been dead twenty years ? 

First paragraph, top post. You say you 'may have had a couple yourself'! 

Either you did  or you didn't. And if you did, is it reasonable for me to ask if you had a written pedigree? Plus, I asked if you, OR ANYONE YOU KNOW could put one of those written pedigrees up.

Don't stress about it, no big deal ?

19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I wouldn’t know mate , I know some did some decent things in the day at bigger sized fields in the north. 

They were no slouch and I’ve always thought that one of the true minshaw traits are that they we’re quite easily trained . 

This is the thing. It’s like rabbits, if you showed me a photo of a dog stood down here with 20 rabbits I’d be more impressed than if you showed me a photo of a lad with a dog stood in a gateway to a walled field in Yorkshire. Same with deer, knock a fallow in a small ish field somewhere, with double fenced hedges, while you stand in the only gate? Or knock same fallow screaming across a 100 acre field heading for the wood that’s got no hedge or fence at it.......

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

First paragraph, top post. You say you 'may have had a couple yourself'! 

Either you did  or you didn't. And if you did, is it reasonable for me to ask if you had a written pedigree? Plus, I asked if you, OR ANYONE YOU KNOW could put one of those written pedigrees up.

Don't stress about it, no big deal ?

I did . 

I had pups from litters than victor had pups from. 

No big deal really . 

Why would I need a pedigree when I seen the parents work ?? As in every day ? 

It wasn’t like I was taking a strangers word for it I knew the man who bred them personally ...

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I did . 

I had pups from litters than victor had pups from. 

No big deal really . 

Why would I need a pedigree when I seen the parents work ?? As in every day ? 

It wasn’t like I was taking a strangers word for it I knew the man who bred them personally ...

So you weren't interested in how the parents, grandparents etc were bred, what breeds were in the bloodline?