Minshaw dogs

27 minutes ago, shaaark said:

From what I can gather, what you've just written seems as though that's exactly what happened to this 'line' of dogs, leading to why it has fallen away ?

That's what has happened to most...

They start out with work and work only..

Get a good bunch of men in the same circle that all thinks the same way... one a few hundred miles away knocks out a sly litter for coin... back tracking and lying begins... original stuff circle gets smaller  .... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Chid said:

FFS your an argumentative person ain't you ? 

I meant the earlier stuff what doesn't go into breeds , most people know minshaws were just scatter bred curs that had alot of collie influence.. 

Not really, but when someone tells me breeds weren't written in the pedigree, then puts a pic up of the pedogree WITH BREEDS WRITTEN IN IT, well, it sort of backs up what I said

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, stop.end said:

That's what has happened to most...

They start out with work and work only..

Get a good bunch of men in the same circle that all thinks the same way... one a few hundred miles away knocks out a sly litter for coin... back tracking and lying begins... original stuff circle gets smaller  .... 

Exactly and the same for a lot of other lines..

There all just a name tho regardless of lines same as men just a name but that's what there known for isn't it, I don't think anyone cares about the name minshaw it's the dogs but if folk just referred to collie bull greyhounds etc knowone would know what they actually meant were as say minshaw and people know, as for not being a line or type I beg to differ there was a lot of line breeding and inbreeding going on in the older days and the pups certainly bred true to type, even a couple of your own dogs look just like jack.

3 minutes ago, dodger said:

There all just a name tho regardless of lines same as men just a name but that's what there known for isn't it, I don't think anyone cares about the name minshaw it's the dogs but if folk just referred to collie bull greyhounds etc knowone would know what they actually meant were as say minshaw and people know, as for not being a line or type I beg to differ there was a lot of line breeding and inbreeding going on in the older days and the pups certainly bred true to type, even a couple of your own dogs look just like jack.

The last line breed was done in the 90s over 20 year ago, ASD put Jack over any old cur and called the offspring and there offspring a Minshaw hardly a type.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, joe ox said:

The last line breed was done in the 90s over 20 year ago, ASD put Jack over any old cur and called the offspring and there offspring a Minshaw hardly a type.

Jack was born over 20 year ago and your present dogs look like him as well as some of your dogs offspring, you have also line bred and inbred your dogs having all bred down from jack, so putting the name minshaw to the side how are they not a type genuine question.

Edited by dodger

That 'pedigree' is for Andys dogs and what they are bred from.

It is NOT a record of Minshaw dogs but it names a few that Vic owned and Andy had lines to.

Many good (dare i say famous) dogs are missing.

Always interesting to see we're dogs descend from and family trees if possible but as long as they can do there job on the field that's were a true pedigree is made, some Salukis stash some lampers yap bull x's jack collies stalk but there obviously not all like that, I don't mind people not liking minshaws or coursing dogs course I don't and I'm not into bull crosses but I wouldn't go on a bull x thread knocking the types or a type I don't actually have actual experience of I just don't get that , there's good and bad in all dogs pures or crosses and like old Phil Lloyde would say, atb to all crosses..

11 minutes ago, dodger said:

Jack was born over 20 year ago and your present dogs look like him as well as some of your dogs offspring, you have also line bred and inbred your dogs having all bred down from jack, so putting the name minshaw to the side how are they not a type genuine question.

You seem to know more about my dogs than I do, tell me more about the bitchs I bred from I'm curious about their breeding ?

• Haha 1