Minshaw dogs

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

So you weren't interested in how the parents, grandparents etc were bred, what breeds were in the bloodline?

What wernt in there would be easier 2 sort out whats the point anyroad furg 

It ain't even that hot man ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

What wernt in there would be easier 2 sort out whats the point anyroad furg 

It ain't even that hot man ? 

It's boiling where I am mate, I is sufferin in dis heat ?

I think due to what we’ll call recent events the type has a bad name with people falling out with an owner . 

But to run down and make light of what some lads have done with them is poor form in my eyes. 

The lads I know have never claimed to be anything above a normal lurcher lad , but certainly do a bit and did a lot more than most ?

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

One 

I don’t know anyone who put bull blood into them

two 

I don’t know anyone who pedalled them 

three 

if anything the people who are bothered most are those who think it’s better to run them down. 

Im not going to say my court point as it’s too childish and I don’t want to repeat it , but I’ll realign it. 

If what they excelled at was so easy to do , why don’t we see pics upon pics of albums full of rabbits , hares and deer taken in large quantities on the lamp REGULAR by beddy types ,gsd crosses , deerhounds , or any other strain. 

Im sure there are lads who do a bit there but I’d Be interested in why no one else seems to have the history or the pics to back it like some of those dogs ....

One

nearly every dog advertises as minshaw breeding now looks like a bull x ???
two 

good for you ????
three

ive not run them down I’ve clearly stated facts there just Lurchers mongrely bred type that were often peddled using the minshaw prefex as the sales pitch that are no better than the next mans dog He keeps of that period 

It’s pretty obvious as at the time collie types or looking types were the main favoured type to run they were the in thing there may well of been other types accounting well for there selfs well but who wanted to hear of them back then bred from nothings or no ones they wanted the minshaw name mentioned  lurcher world royalty or people on that same gravy train who knows I’m guessing it’s the same as today with like any dog with the smallest drop of bull blood is offered as a bull x back then any with the smallest drop of minshaw would of been advertised as so I think the difference being people in the click talked to much as if they were in a competition against the rest of the lurcher world vic loved this because it put demands there for pups bred under his name it helped sales 
 The only difference in modern day is there isn’t the number of gear about plus were limited to rats an rabbits tbh 
 tbh I think these minshaw postsare there to make younger lads feel like they got shit dogs An never own good dogs because they got no way of getting numbers of nothing like back then ???Because the gears not there for regular bashes Still like I’ve previously said if there so good of a type line we’re are they now ???‍♂️Surly these guys that know a good dog would of kept a good type going rather than replacing with a shit dog 

28 minutes ago, poxon said:

One

nearly every dog advertises as minshaw breeding now looks like a bull x ???
two 

good for you ????
three

ive not run them down I’ve clearly stated facts there just Lurchers mongrely bred type that were often peddled using the minshaw prefex as the sales pitch that are no better than the next mans dog He keeps of that period 

It’s pretty obvious as at the time collie types or looking types were the main favoured type to run they were the in thing there may well of been other types accounting well for there selfs well but who wanted to hear of them back then bred from nothings or no ones they wanted the minshaw name mentioned  lurcher world royalty or people on that same gravy train who knows I’m guessing it’s the same as today with like any dog with the smallest drop of bull blood is offered as a bull x back then any with the smallest drop of minshaw would of been advertised as so I think the difference being people in the click talked to much as if they were in a competition against the rest of the lurcher world vic loved this because it put demands there for pups bred under his name it helped sales 
 The only difference in modern day is there isn’t the number of gear about plus were limited to rats an rabbits tbh 
 tbh I think these minshaw postsare there to make younger lads feel like they got shit dogs An never own good dogs because they got no way of getting numbers of nothing like back then ???Because the gears not there for regular bashes Still like I’ve previously said if there so good of a type line we’re are they now ???‍♂️Surly these guys that know a good dog would of kept a good type going rather than replacing with a shit dog 

That's it d short and sweet 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

First paragraph, top post. You say you 'may have had a couple yourself'! 

Either you did  or you didn't. And if you did, is it reasonable for me to ask if you had a written pedigree? Plus, I asked if you, OR ANYONE YOU KNOW could put one of those written pedigrees up.

Don't stress about it, no big deal ?

Pedigrees are already on this forum in the minshaw topic.. there just names doesn't go into breeds 

PedigreeofDon.jpg.99f1ae18447dc533ef993c82e431d182.jpgjessjo.jpg.fcb22f32589f6efeddb957b4ecea3323.jpg

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Noticed it said border collie that were enough 2 put me off 

Joking ? 

Few interesting crosses been chucked in there blackie the bitch (lady)stood out to me her breeding sounds just the ticket ?? It sort of floors the idea no other crossed we’re at the same job/game as a minshaw bred dog in that time period or it wouldn’t be getting put back in right ?You wouldn’t put in dirt to aim for gold 

They were a type 

they existed 

they certainly weren’t pedalled as minshaws to all and sundry by the likes of the lads I knew. 

That’s all I’m saying.

It’s gone a bit infowars here with speculation , but let’s just ask one final question. ....

why are you bothered about the pedigree ? As you’ve left out at least two defining facts ....

but I guess we’ll never know . 

See you next week Alex Jones  

457C3A93-467E-4871-B6B5-5F79CCB2D892.jpeg

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Here we are in 2020 scratching our heads thinking that minshaw bred dogs were owned by real dog men that kept an bred there own dogs because they know a good hunting dog everyone had a good dog in the 80s/90 due to the amount of gear about so the question is if they were that good owned by that good of a dog man were are they now surly there still be about not all this people chucking the minshaw name about like it’s a Standardised breed to sell there scatter breds In my eyes they were the same as anyone else’s mongrely cur breds of the time it’s just that minshaw had his little band of followers to bum stuff up because it helped with sales and in 2020 people are still bumming the name up as a sales pitch 

Still bumming the names up in 2020 as a sales pitch?, were are these litters you talk of tell me il buy one if there right? Iv not heard of any good litters for years

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dodger said:

Still bumming the names up in 2020 as a sales pitch?, were are these litters you talk of tell me il buy one if there right? Iv not heard of any good litters for years

I see a bullx x minshaw advertised the other day on preloved get on there lad 

3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

I honestly think Vic Minshaw is the best salesman the lurcher world has ever known.

He's far surpassed David Hancock, Len French, Jeff Burrell and even Brian Plummer. Hancock needed Plummer and a few books, Len French toured every show in summer for years to peddle his wares. Poor old Jeff has to talk peoples ears off to sell pups and even then we don't know what the feck a Tumbler really is! DBP had to first sell books to sell lurchers and then ran off to Scotland, handing the programme to his mate Dave.

Now crafty Vic has us still talking, questioning and wanting his dogs long after they ceased to exist and with his name all over them..! This bloke should of had a better vocation, he'd of been a millionare!!

No matter how they may have been bred, those early dogs had very much a stamp and an ability. An ability enough to get Minshaw placing ads and the challengers in early lurcher publications. And wether he was beat once is really irrelevent. It was boomtime then for profit hunters and they say he had most carrying their dogs back to their motors. But never forget, it was a different world back then....

I remember seeing those 'first wave' dogs in the field, direct from Vic and the offspring from them and all i'll say is that they have kept my interest ever since.

I also seen the next wave of dogs direct from Vic and they neither looked nor performed anywhere like the first lot, they were peddled to those who were late to the party and there were many. They made me realise to lift my head and sniff for whats not real in the lurcher world... And i still smell it now!

Thankfully, a few hung on to that old blood, used it as a base, along with the ideal of solid graft and improved breeding. Then are these still really Minshaws, as they are a long long way from Vic's dogs?

But we all love a bit of nostalgia, mystery and Romance... ?

?