Herder

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colliejohn asked me to put these up for him 

Funny thread this one, sensible question, interesting debate on working long nets etc......then it went mental...lol So is the dog a Jacker?? Is there honestly a dog that has never been stra

Here's a couple of pics of the bitch out of the herder and buster.  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, billhardy said:

Possible get the odd throw ta touch more grey Ray ,but where they want run um a pure collie would suffice,dales jukes tab bill

i agree with lots of stuff you say bill...but not the above

a pure collie wont surfice in the dales or anywhere else....not when it comes to actualy catching rabbits out in the open on a run.....yes they will catch ods and sods and  around or in bits of cover...mark holes and be good all round hunting companion......but a pure collie wont put numbers in the bag from running rabbits

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i agree with lots of stuff you say bill...but not the above

a pure collie wont surfice in the dales or anywhere else....not when it comes to actualy catching rabbits out in the open on a run.....yes they will catch ods and sods and  around or in bits of cover...mark holes and be good all round hunting companion......but a pure collie wont put numbers in the bag from running rabbits

thats what i was getting at Tomo  ,  you seen old Bryn run a bit in the day on few bolters  , and in his day Bryn was fast for 1x collie x grey , and dont catch them all, not all rabbits are slow, where  i lived before south staffs   your dog do well to catch bloody dozen in some places. i think what ever the type x lurcher , you need at least  3/8s running dog or 4/8s .

47 minutes ago, TOMO said:

feck me they could be kc registered....at that kind of collie saturation they are no longer lurchers...

Tomo  my dogs aren’t show collies lol kc registered lol isds registered yes, I don’t require a dog with loads of greyhound in them times have changed and are changing with the type of dogs people are keeping and working a lot of lads I know are going to mooching types especially lads who used to go coursing. Regards Collie John 

• Like 3