Herder

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colliejohn asked me to put these up for him 

Funny thread this one, sensible question, interesting debate on working long nets etc......then it went mental...lol So is the dog a Jacker?? Is there honestly a dog that has never been stra

Here's a couple of pics of the bitch out of the herder and buster.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Seen a vid of a bloke ferreting wi a reverse 34 collie grey looked just like a full collie he was in the dales the dog was snapping them up within feet of the holes they never got chance to get 30 paces 

Easy rabbits though ?

A local lad i new owned a collie years ago full collie it was some worker for the rabbit game he bred  it to a greyhound twice the first time it produced little black dog called jib about 24inch well I was out way him a few times every single time he was out he killed a bag of hares infact you could stand watch him hunt I seen him peg 4 hares in a bit we hunted quiet regular on leaving the fields we had 4 dogs all were capable of hares we had 5 hares now jip had killed 4 of them  the dog was passed about a bit he ended his his days way  a terrier man I seen him killing foxes but this lad was only a fox man they tell me in the end there was not much left of him in the end he was a game little dog he produced a cracking 3 quarter to a greyhound  she  was slaughtering hares daytime at 15 months old he was offered strong money for her  until some dirty b*****d stole her that collie dog John would produce some dog to a greyhound or a 3 quarter the second litter were good two they got stole to probably the same people he jacked the dogs in after that   there been a few good litters local years ago another was to tony the tinkers greyhound now tony lived in a shack in the woods way his brother Kevin and old molly his sister  were Irish old style lads he always hunted way a suit on he was the first lad I seen way a saluki x in the 70s his greyhound was used daily on hares and foxes he never kept shit his dogs were there to feed him a carector of old i wish  I’d took pics of him he was something else ?hard as fcken nails some of these dogs were they real deal kill anything some just rabbit and hares dogs patch rusty gyp Connie ladie  Misty jip Beth all came from collie like yrself lads who worked them daily good luck John there’s plenty experts on here do as you please my friend and good luck  the collie blood was infused way deerhound and even saluki these made much better dogs for running but not for hunting ?

• Like 4

One thing that strikes me we can say this this breeding ain't f1collie greys they ain't even reverse types they are collies with one sixteenth thereabouts greyhound .perfect fa producing jukels  and ideal fa producing a good collie xs type just has greyhounds can be got from to much influence of greyhound so one can get collies like I believe ne would be very very lucky fa a half bred type ta throw out it his what it his and fa them vids in utube a the reverse ferreting it ain't the same in hedge bottoms they got catch em on the entrance other wise they be gone  rat hing in cover reed beds his stealth type mugging Conies  a good f1 one type would be my preference in collie type ,it he bitch fa me would a gone ta a good non ped whippet da the rabbiting job a coursing bred fa mixed edible lamping etc.they don't lose the ability to run cover and work woodland etc on just wee bit more hound in fact the produce a better jukel .atb bill

• Like 1

Bill you may no N Burton a traveller well the old yin told me he used to run flash a black tan collie cross he said it never mist hares in the 60s last lads only had whippets  back then in the wash houses ECT well he went bought a lurcher he said it was usless he took it back the lad asked what was up he said it weren't as good as flash the lad said fck no dogs as good as him ??think he said it killed over 50 daytime before missing  5s regular I seen a picture of his old bitch she killed 11 in one day shella a few friends are genuine the say it's true I've seen 8s 9s but most were young at start of season atb mine were only 2 or 3 sadly ?

Edited by Bearfoot
6 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

Bill you may no N Burton a traveller well the old yin told me he used to run flash a black tan collie cross he said it never mist hares in the 60s last lads only had whippets  back then in the wash houses ECT well he went bought a lurcher he said it was usless he took it back the lad asked what was up he said it weren't as good as flash the lad said fck no dogs as good as him ??think he said it killed over 50 daytime 5s regular I seen a picture of his old bitch she killed 11 in one day shella a few friends are genuine the say it's true I've seen 8s 9s but most were young at start of season atb mine were only 2 or 3 sadly ?

Cana recall him new lots a the fellas gone now I be only a youngster meson back then I seen and met lots ,Lias gone now there be a few to many ,flash my own flash best of his long ears was i think was twenty and a Charlie could have gotten more but land was cleansed single handed he ran ,I have and do recall a flash before my flash  ,who happened to be f1 collie grey..coincidence who knows and fa that there's a man on her who can rverify that.  Before katchum and his trolls get sounding off.lol atb bill

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Seen a vid of a bloke ferreting wi a reverse 34 collie grey looked just like a full collie he was in the dales the dog was snapping them up within feet of the holes they never got chance to get 30 paces 

Torchie and his dog dan ? If so that would be the sire to colliejohns dog 

• Like 1
Just now, Bearfoot said:

I wish any one luck bill in life as life is to short great momerys this place can bring that's for shure the good guys just go.out hunting bill it was the matching that ruined it ? 

I be the same bear  the matching his history now I ran da just the pure love of it and still do everything else was either diesel plus flesh fa the table or the dealers never intentionally wasted edible game in my life they get utilised aye the days o f gone just going threw the motions ,in comparison to day gone past .atb billBill

• Like 1