Herder

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colliejohn asked me to put these up for him 

Funny thread this one, sensible question, interesting debate on working long nets etc......then it went mental...lol So is the dog a Jacker?? Is there honestly a dog that has never been stra

Here's a couple of pics of the bitch out of the herder and buster.  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, billhardy said:

Nice trigg ,buster lightened them up has he got a drop of sal blood .atb bill

Yeah there’s a drop of saluki in there olong the line. The owner of the sire has just bred best to best dogs reguardless of breeding I believe, he stayed away from bull blood though. Dont know if the damn would have levelled them out a touch being a pure bred. The owner of that bitch is the only one to stay in touch. 

On 08/01/2019 at 13:45, Str said:

Collie John on here has a border collie I think for ferreting etc.

My Collie has just come into season I’m considering putting my dog Dan over her they would make excellent mooching ferreting dogs and would be more than capable of catching rabbits on the lamp. Regards Collie John 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Is Dan a reverse 3/4 John atb

Dans not a reverse three quarter he’s out of Ian Torchie Clayton’s Dan who is a reverse threequarter to my old late bitch Gwen who was 9/16,a Collie 7/16,s Greyhound . Regards Collie John 

43 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Dans not a reverse three quarter he’s out of Ian Torchie Clayton’s Dan who is a reverse threequarter to my old late bitch Gwen who was 9/16,a Collie 7/16,s Greyhound . Regards Collie 

Be interesting to see how they throw then being so heavily collie influenced is your collie bitch a leggy type John.if you did put him to your collie would it be your 1st time you've tried the x or have you had a previous litter atb

37 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Be interesting to see how they throw then being so heavily collie influenced is your collie bitch a leggy type John.if you did put him to your collie would it be your 1st time you've tried the x or have you had a previous litter atb

I’ve had a reverse threequarter before she was the best Lurcher I’ve ever owned these would have a touch more Collie in them but I think they will be pretty leggy. Regards Collie John 

I'm a collie cross fan myself John and they sound a intresting cross think they'd be decent ferreting mooching companion.how do you find them for speed??I've not had much experience of such heavily collie influenced dogs but  way things are nowadays there more appealing just for the rabbit job do you think they take the odd fox