• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

As much as I don't like May my fear is if she goes now we will be very lucky if we leave the EU. Government will take over and we all know the treasonous majority of MP's don't want to leave.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Kick may out, get jrm in and get out with a hard brexit and get our own lazy bums of the dole and back working

But the arithmetic would still be the same......jrm could not get his hard brexit passed parliament. 

I'm sure some people don't understand how politics works. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, scothunter said:

For a once in my life I don't support any of them from all sides of the house.

There all self serving c**ts and ALL are using this nation and the current turmoil to consolidate power.

Haven't even got the loyalty to this nation to say "look let's ALL come together for the sake of the British nation".

No matter what she did they were always going to say the opposite.

I don't particularly blame may tbh it was always going to end up this way.

She should have walked away month's ago and told the opportunist snakes in the Tory party get a deal.

But there not fooling me and I suspect a lot on here that the true fact was they didn't want the job back then. Rather wait till the inevitable mess then stab her in the back and climb into her job get the same deal or worse and Blame her.

They all want shooting

Bang on mate...

They should all hang their heads in shame...

If ever a time of solidarity was needed across all parties this was it, whether you agree with need it or not the vote was to leave...the deal shouldve been put together with agreement of all parties first then the EU....May is on a hiding to nothing because all parties have used this as a point scoring exercise to enhance either individual careers or party politics...

The common person has been used as a pawn in all of this, whether you are remain or leave, once the referendum came out leave, our country and its people should of been put first...I don't care if your torie, labour, green, lib dems, SNP etc etc... the country and its people come first...

The border in Ireland should not be used as a stick to keep hitting the deal with, we are in a time of peace surely a deal can be structured to suit all....

Would this of been the case if remain had got the votes required?

I can't see genuine trust in any of our political parties again....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

But the arithmetic would still be the same......jrm could not get his hard brexit passed parliament. 

I'm sure some people don't understand how politics works. 

Let's have another referendum then, clearly actually leaving the EU and regaining sovereignty is impossible, so the best option is to stay in. Is that really where we're at?

The possibility of a 'hard' brexit is entirely down to how well the government sell it. This one hasn't even tried so of course it wont pass parliament, all along they've carried on like a deal is even possible. The 'deal' we have now is the worst parts of everything, we're still bound by the EU but without a voice in it.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Let's have another referendum then, clearly actually leaving the EU and regaining sovereignty is impossible, so the best option is to stay in. Is that really where we're at?

The possibility of a 'hard' brexit is entirely down to how well the government sell it. This one hasn't even tried so of course it wont pass parliament, all along they've carried on like a deal is even possible. The 'deal' we have now is the worst parts of everything, we're still bound by the EU but without a voice in it.

Exactly, where has the support and go forth attitude from the media??? Non existent. Every day it’s scaremongering and doom n gloom from the usual suspects in the government and media with constant remainers getting the interviews and air time. The only parties with enthusiasm for a hard brexit and going our own way is the DUP and UKIP that’s it and that’s the parties the voters should get behind. If labour get they’re sneaky way and in through the back door then never mind us out of Europe, it will be the end of the uk

47 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The powers that be are playing us like a fiddle' they making out the only deal available is worse than being full paid up members of their 

I don't think that's a play, Max, I believe it. There's no truly good 'deal' to be had, our respective positions do not have common ground. The only 'deal' possible is a pragmatic divorce to ensure no loose ends.

Two years ago I was sceptical with all the brexiteer talk of "They'll change their tune and want a deal with us, too much for them to lose!" and now I firmly believe it was bollocks. We had and have to be utterly uncompromising and willing to cut our own f***ing legs off to regain our freedom, anything else will be taken advantage of.

I honestly think the "good trade deal" is a myth and the uncompromising contingent within this country a tiny minority.

• Like 3

Leave with no deal. They aways gave us the shitty end of the stick. The EU is falling apart anyway. They were never going to give us a good deal, there shitting them selfs that we will make a success of it. I sure there are other countries watching and they will follow if we do. They only want us in the EU to help pay the bills. If we stay in now and we go crawling back say please lets us stay they will shit all over us in the future. We got are chance hold are nerve and leave the manipulating blackmailing unelected b*****d once and for all.

Change are minds now and your playing right into all the lying MP's, lying media and EU hands.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't think that's a play, Max, I believe it. There's no truly good 'deal' to be had, our respective positions do not have common ground. The only 'deal' possible is a pragmatic divorce to ensure no loose ends.

Two years ago I was sceptical with all the brexiteer talk of "They'll change their tune and want a deal with us, too much for them to lose!" and now I firmly believe it was bollocks. We had and have to be utterly uncompromising and willing to cut our own f***ing legs off to regain our freedom, anything else will be taken advantage of.

I honestly think the "good trade deal" is a myth and the uncompromising contingent within this country a tiny minority.

Nah mate no way should we cut our own legs off to be free, we are British and fighters as it is. We should cut the head off the snake that is the EU and walk away free and healthy. Nobody is saying it’s gona be easy at 1st but by god how did we ever rule the world by being Fanny’s?  We didn’t, but due to the Eu rules they’re turning our youth into subservient zombies who wave we rainbow flags, run n hide n tell and want sex changes. Now we need to get rid of the defeatist attitude

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Wev had a hardline Remainer thrust up on us to pretend to negotiate our divorce so to speak.

Its all a pantomime.

I don't think she was hardline at all, frankly she was a bit f***ing weak in her views before the referendum. She was a remainer but largely unvocal, which imo is the only reason she stood a chance of getting the top job. She played it safe.

I agree it's all a pantomime. i just don't agree there's a compromise to be had. Our respective position are irreconcilable. There's no middle ground. We had to be bold, we had to be willing to harm ourselves and to f**k with the consequences, that was the only option.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

And that's the way we still should go

Hard Brexit all the way and deal with it and build a Nation on National Pride 

:good: Agreed. I keep talking about watching the whole lot burn down because that's the attitude an underdog needs. And we are the underdog in a head to head with the EU. They dwarf us and they know it.

All that becomes problematic though when you consider how tiny our majority is in the referendum. I'll bet my house only a minority would be willing to sacrifice for our sovereignty, for a hard brexit. And if we speculate that the only choice is hard brexit or staying in we're faced with the reality that the majority probably wouldn't vote for brexit. A lot of folks thought a deal was possible.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

:good: Agreed. I keep talking about watching the whole lot burn down because that's the attitude an underdog needs. And we are the underdog in a head to head with the EU. They dwarf us and they know it.

All that becomes problematic though when you consider how tiny our majority is in the referendum. I'll bet my house only a minority would be willing to sacrifice for our sovereignty, for a hard brexit. And if we speculate that the only choice is hard brexit or staying in we're faced with the reality that the majority probably wouldn't vote for brexit. A lot of folks thought a deal was possible.

I’ve never thought a deal was possible

the Eu have always run roughshod over everyone and everything

the only way out is hard 

current economic forecasts for hard puts our economy still climbing in 15 years

• Like 4
On 16/11/2018 at 13:28, sandymere said:

Wrong, simple version..

In the UK election, political parties pick a person they want to lead them and become Prime Minister.
In the EU election, political parties pick a person they want to lead them and become Commission President.

In the UK election, the UK citizens votes for their local MP.
In the EU election, the EU citizens votes for their local MEP.

The UK party with the most seats in the UK parliament gets the first chance to have their leader became Prime Minister and pick Cabinet Ministers.
The EU party with the most seats in the EU parliament gets the first chance to have their leader become Commission President and pick Commissioners.

longer version...

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2016/06/21/is-the-eu-really-run-by-unelected-bureaucrats/

I think they are f***ing it up on purpose so the only way out is a second ref to try and get the result they want and i guarantee they will get it if we end up on that one way street

• Like 1

She should have realised that's the game was up on Monday, where she missed one of several escape routes.

I know she's a a Remainer, but, knowing how unpopular it was, she should have put the deal to the vote, and killed it off once and for all. Then, she could have gone back to Brussels and said "Now what ?"

That might have forced a renegotiation, or she could have slipped out the back door that the European court left open, and held a second referendum, or a parliamentary vote on whether the process would continue, or she could have pursued a 'no deal' policy.

But.......she closed off her options early in the negotiations, she chose to go down a route that she must have known was doomed to failure, and she might well reap the whirlwind tonight.

Whoever becomes (or remains) leader will face the same problems, but what new leader (a)would want to carry the poisoned chalice in the first place, and (b) make their first action as PM to apply for an extension of Article 50 ? What could a new leader do differently at this late stage, and could they reasonably expect success, bearing in mind that any new strategy will alienate one side of the Tories or the other, and could even play into opposition hands ? The answers are probably "nothing" and "no".........

Don't be surprised if they decide to keep her on a bit longer !

• Like 2